What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Yesterday I set up the PowerVision I got from DK, then a short evaluation ride before I had to go to work (a 14 hour all-nighter!). Spent today really wringing it out; what a difference, and I haven't even gotten into fine-tuning yet. Best part about it is that my wife can feel the difference in the temperature and the way the bike runs; she now considers it a good investment.

Thanks Kevin (and others here) for convincing me that it was something I really wanted!

Wash it for starters

Going to remove all the accumulated road grime/flying critters that affixed themselves to the trike over the past week. R&r the aftermarket foot brake pads for the parking and right foot brake. Going back to stock. I am going to modify the Mustang backrest base or it's coming out and getting replaced with one from the mo co. Worst case scenario, the Mustang seat will go too and I'll buy an Ultimate seat w/backrest when I go to Daytona in late September. Street Cannons will most likely come off too. I am also going back to my H-D Windsplitter. Yeah, the Freedom Shield looks good, I just don't like the aerodynamics. And yes, I see over it perfectly. It was custom fitted at their shop in Pine Center, CO on my last long trip in June.

What's better? Power Vision or Kevin!

Downloaded new tune provided by Kevin and going to go on about a 3 hour ride to see how she runs.

I too have the Power Vision installed I purchased from Kevin. I'm 63 years old and have never in my life had the kind of product support that Kevin has provided on each and every purchase. Amazing is an over used word but in these days where every vendor and sales people in every industry ignore your questions Kevin is....well....amazing.

I have only had the Power Vision installed enough to set up the gauges and watch some temps. Like many others I've had concerns with what seems to be excessive heat coming from the engine and pipes. Now, with the Power Vision I can watch what's going on with the engine in real time. I've been surprised to see my cooling fans are coming on at 221 and going off at 201 (2016 Tri-Glide). I never would have guessed Harley would set up the fans above 212 degrees. I'm trying to decide if there is a reason for that.

If providing the gauges was all the Power Vision would do for me I'd be satisfied especially with the cost of a crap Harley Davidson oil reservoir dip stick temp gauge costing 150 dollars by itself. (I don't see that oil temp is a choice in the Power Vision but Engine Temp is).

I'm expecting the custom tune Kevin set me up with is going to make a big difference in how my Tri-Glide runs.

Once I run the custom tune a while I'll move on to the Auto Tune process.

I'm sure the difference will be......amazing.

I too have the Power Vision installed I purchased from Kevin. I'm 63 years old and have never in my life had the kind of product support that Kevin has provided on each and every purchase. Amazing is an over used word but in these days where every vendor and sales people in every industry ignore your questions Kevin is....well....amazing.

I have only had the Power Vision installed enough to set up the gauges and watch some temps. Like many others I've had concerns with what seems to be excessive heat coming from the engine and pipes. Now, with the Power Vision I can watch what's going on with the engine in real time. I've been surprised to see my cooling fans are coming on at 221 and going off at 201 (2016 Tri-Glide). I never would have guessed Harley would set up the fans above 212 degrees. I'm trying to decide if there is a reason for that.

If providing the gauges was all the Power Vision would do for me I'd be satisfied especially with the cost of a crap Harley Davidson oil reservoir dip stick temp gauge costing 150 dollars by itself. (I don't see that oil temp is a choice in the Power Vision but Engine Temp is).

I'm expecting the custom tune Kevin set me up with is going to make a big difference in how my Tri-Glide runs.

Fozworth, most people that have the Basic Power Vision (PV) do not use or probably even understand the full capabilities of this flash tuner. I would encourage you to visit the Dynojet website and review the FAQ (frequently ask questions) section and then watch some of the Videos they provide on U-Tube. The Tuner has some amazing capabilities when you fully understand what they are and how to use/access them. I initially went with the Auto Tune module to run in concert with the Base PV and have subsequently replaced the Auto Tune Module with the Target Tune module (TT), which I believe is the best flash tuner available. This TT module replaces the OEM narrow band O2 sensors with wide band sensors (WBO2) and reads the WB sensors continuously.

Good luck with the PV with whatever form of capability you choose!!

Roger

Re installed ...............

Made good on my threat ...........:D Put the 4" windsplitter back on along with the fangs I'd removed as an experiment back in June after the last long trip. Not having them lets way too much air born crap flow up, over and around the fuel tank.

Originally Posted by Fozworth

Don't have the exact answer why Harley chose a certain set point but a pressurized system and I'm assuming our wetheads are , does not boil at 212 , water glycol mixture also has a different boiling point compared to plain water.

Last edited:
Had seat done by Astech Seats, replaced windshield with a LongRider flat top light tint, Comfort lift, & the polished wheel shields by RJ's originals.

Painted .....

Took the Kury cupholders and perches off. Painted the chrome semigloss black. Guess I'll see how good it holds up to being washed over time. Hated the reflection in my eyes from the early morning or late evening sun depending on direction of travel. Next is the tourpak latch/hinge kit in black.

Took the Kury cupholders and perches off. Painted the chrome semigloss black. Guess I'll see how good it holds up to being washed over time. Hated the reflection in my eyes from the early morning or late evening sun depending on direction of travel. Next is the tourpak latch/hinge kit in black.

I did similar, but not because of reflections... living close to the ocean, the thin chrome of the Kury parts starts to rust quickly. NeverDull or chrome polish cleans them up, but the rust returned quickly. Since I have them both front and rear, it got to be a chore. Took the baskets out, and buffed up the rings a bit with 320 grit (to give the paint some grip) and shot them with VHT Satin Black Epoxy from Advance Auto Parts. Let them cure for 7 days as recommended, reinstalled and looking good! That was about 3 months (and a lot of miles) ago, and they still look perfect. Have a lot of people ask where I got them.

I'm still deciding what to paint next! Satin Black is the new chrome.ThumbUp

Mud Flaps for the TriGlide

I installed HD mudflaps on the '14 TG yesterday using 3M brand auto super strength molding tape. I used two strips of 7/8" wide tape across the top of each flap. I would be surprised if they EVER come off by themselves.

I prefer the looks of the TG without, but my wife, who rides her own 2 wheeler behind, was sick of getting pelted with my dust.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back