What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Installed the DK remote filter relocation kit and the Jagg cooler last night... was due for my 35K oil change so 2 or 3 birds with one stone. Going for a 150 mile shakedown cruise today!:clapping:

Got in about 200 miles to meet up with our chapter drill team, then ride for lunch then home. The new cooler and filter relo kit got a lot of positive comments today. Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin gets a few orders out of this!

Everything performed flawlessly... I am a happy guy!

Change breather fitting

Week ago I added external breather system (DK) to old shiney, position needed for rear breather fitting seemed ugly to me sooo...
purchased a 45 degree street elbow and walaa. much nicer I believe. Last picture shows before external breather. by the way ride safe fearless

Attachments

• DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC00205.JPG
    DSC00205.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC00198.JPG
    DSC00198.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC01322.JPG
    DSC01322.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC00208.JPG
    DSC00208.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 286
Week ago I added external breather system (DK) to old shiney, position needed for rear breather fitting seemed ugly to me sooo...
purchased a 45 degree street elbow and walaa. much nicer I believe. Last picture shows before external breather. by the way ride safe fearless

I like what you did. We should look at including one of those for the TBW bikes!

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Got in about 200 miles to meet up with our chapter drill team, then ride for lunch then home. The new cooler and filter relo kit got a lot of positive comments today. Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin gets a few orders out of this!

Everything performed flawlessly... I am a happy guy!

Glad to see you got your shakedown ride in. Thanks for the good words!

I know what you mean about the comments. Yesterday when I was at the dealer I had 3 different guys come up to me asking what "that thing" under the passenger floorboard was.

When I told them, no more mess when you change your oil filter, they all lit up! ThumbUp

Kevin

Got the 10" Chubby's installed and despite everybody's claims of not having to change out any cables, had to order a new +4 clutch cable. I had to run my current cable outside the fairing to give it enough slack to adjust and not be tight as a banjo string. New Barnett cable should be in Monday. Was kinda upset on having to run the cable out and just yanked the cable out. Now I've got to remember how it was routed thru the inner fairing and radio mounting bracket. Should have take some pics I guess. Maybe the assembly manual has a illustration.

Anyway, that's next week. This weekend I'm installing the tank lifts I received from Dennis.

Dang, it's always something !!!! Ha !!

8~\o

OK, not today, but last week; Stage 1, Rinhart Xtreme true duals, and a DK Comfort Lift kit, then rode 500 miles over the weekend.

I must say that the DK Comfort Lift should come as standard equipment on the Tri Glide. Handling is better, I don't scrape my pipes when pulling out of driveways, and the seating is just...nicer. We stopped for gas after 35 miles and my wife said that she couldn't tell a difference. 150 miles later she said that she could definitely tell a difference in her comfort.

• Added led turn signals in front, luggage rack, leather fender guards, inside trunk lights, adjusted back gear shift down a notch as it felt a little too high for my comfort. Ordered more led lighting for outer edges of trunk.

Dropped it back off at the dealership for them to fix the stuff they did not fix last time it was there for warranty work.

(front brake lever does not activate brake lights, parking brake mechanism still broken, voltage regulator is acting like it's failing)

I conveyed, as politely as possible, they had to do the work correctly this time, as I do not have time to keep bringing it back for them to do the same thing over and over again. :)

Kevin

Got my Chubby's installed but despite everything I was told and read I'm going to have to put a +4 clutch cable in. Tried everything possible but installing the stock cable left it stretched tighter than a "g" string on a banjo. Had to run the cable outside the fairing. Started out second guessing myself on my first ride with them but now that I've ridden them for a week I love 'em. Got my +4 in the mail so this weekend I've got a project...

8~\o

Attachments

• Chubb5.jpg
    Chubb5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 267
nice

Got my Chubby's installed but despite everything I was told and read I'm going to have to put a +4 clutch cable in. Tried everything possible but installing the stock cable left it stretched tighter than a "g" string on a banjo. Had to run the cable outside the fairing. Started out second guessing myself on my first ride with them but now that I've ridden them for a week I love 'em. Got my +4 in the mail so this weekend I've got a project...

8~\o
ThumbUp sure look great you will love them shoulders and back and neck will too. :clapping::clapping::clapping: ride safely fearless

Came home from work and my American Custom slip on mufflers were waiting for me. Got them installed, took a short ride tonight, my wife and I plan to go for a good ride tomorrow.

Started polishing the rear rims. Got one done before I had to get ready to go out. Will do the other one Friday. I will have to pull them off to do the inside. I am thinking of clear coating them then.

Finally got a picture of the new Freedom windscreen on the trike, notice how thick it is, there is no flexing at all even on the freeways.

windshield.1.jpg

I added the old glove box pouch to my 2014

I wanted a little storage and had to see why they say these do not fit. Cost was minimal to experiment. Day one I ordered 2 extra doors(57100099, 16.80). The pouches are 57400-06, 34.95. trim,trim,trim, stretch, fit, trim, etc. I'm thinking maybe a cupholder on the other side if some wants a left pouch.
lower%20storage%204_zpsqhqfsa26.jpg

Dropped it back off at the dealership for them to fix the stuff they did not fix last time it was there for warranty work.

(front brake lever does not activate brake lights, parking brake mechanism still broken, voltage regulator is acting like it's failing)

I conveyed, as politely as possible, they had to do the work correctly this time, as I do not have time to keep bringing it back for them to do the same thing over and over again. :)

Kevin

There is nothing more aggravating than bringin' it back in for the same problem. I am so lucky to have an incredible Tech at the Dealer I bought the bike from {the reason I bought it at this dealer} We are planning on moving this summer and the thought of loosing this guy is killing me!! lol....Nothing better than a real Master Tech with no attitude and loves his job. Maybe I can adopt him and move him to Tennessee with me!!

There is nothing more aggravating than bringin' it back in for the same problem. I am so lucky to have an incredible Tech at the Dealer I bought the bike from {the reason I bought it at this dealer} We are planning on moving this summer and the thought of loosing this guy is killing me!! lol....Nothing better than a real Master Tech with no attitude and loves his job. Maybe I can adopt him and move him to Tennessee with me!!

I have heard rumors that such a tech did exist, but thought he lived with bigfoot.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back