What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

A bit chilly today @ 51 * I managed a 50 mile ride today

I have not broken out my chaps yet, I wait til temps are in the 30s, but a jacket and gloves were a must

Really pleased with the new air intake and external breather system from DK Custom Products. I went with the Outlaw 606 Air Cleaner System and the Transformer EBS with Filter. Install was straight forward and the directions were clear and easy to follow. Outstanding ...

First take all this stuff off ...

IMG_9194.jpg

Then put all this (way cooler) stuff on ...

IMG_2783.jpg IMG_2784.jpg IMG_2787.jpg

Then ...

So I took the FW down to Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson at 7:30AM in 38 Very Crisp Degrees covered in as many layers as I could put on and still operate the bike. Harley did the install of the new DK Custom 13" NEXGEN Trike Series Shocks and Convertible Comfort Lift Kit. They did a really clean really professional job with the removal of the old air shocks (mounts, hoses, and fittings) and a super install of the new equipment.

Thanks so much to all the guys at MBHD Service that put up with me while I paced back and forth waiting for the install. This was a huge addition to the Trike and the first install that we didn't do ourselves. I feel really good about it. :) Thanks again to everyone at DK Custom for all the tips and input. They were great to work with right from the beginning of the project.

IMG_9099.JPG IMG_9148.jpg IMG_9228.jpg

Tried to duplicate the before pic with the after pic ...

Another cool day today@54*, gassed up with alcohol free premium and rode 1/2 tank of gas out today

I use ethanol free gas when ever I can find it, my trike runs soooo much better with it, there is only a 10 cent difference in price here in Jax Florida

68*, just got back from an afternoon ride, not much traffic for a Federal Holiday

Come Wednesday it turns cold and ugly for a few days, but I aint scared:p

I ordered a hard shell case for my NOCO jump pak, that will protect it better in the trunk

NOCO-GBC013-Boost-GB20-and-GB40-EVA-Protection-Case_6ea7d2c8-9e5c-4f7e-93bc-c9cce354ac9e.8362fc997f72e72a93d0911625be48f2.jpeg

68*, just got back from an afternoon ride, not much traffic for a Federal Holiday

Come Wednesday it turns cold and ugly for a few days, but I aint scared:p

I ordered a hard shell case for my NOCO jump pak, that will protect it better in the trunk

NOCO-GBC013-Boost-GB20-and-GB40-EVA-Protection-Case_6ea7d2c8-9e5c-4f7e-93bc-c9cce354ac9e.8362fc997f72e72a93d0911625be48f2.jpeg

Only 64 here today went out for a little ride of 49 miles. Almost went up the street to squeeze in an even 50. I like that case.....but the box it came in is already paid for LOL;)

Another cool day today@54*, gassed up with alcohol free premium and rode 1/2 tank of gas out today

I use ethanol free gas when ever I can find it, my trike runs soooo much better with it, there is only a 10 cent difference in price here in Jax Florida

Hey Jack, how much you paying for a gallon there? I paid 4.71 today for 91 octanes. And the price actually just went down 6 whole cents since last fill-up.

Took a ride a week or so ago. Dd around 275 miles. Went North up through the San Bernadino Mountains down into Palm Desert, East through Indian Wells, Indio and south alongside the Salton Sea. Went west across the sand box to Borrego Springs. As I was climbing the mountain leaving Borrego as I went into a sharp right hand curve, I glanced quickly over my right shoulder to look at the town laid out below and when I looked back at the road I noted that I was in a little too deep in the turn so I cranked the bars to the right and had the front wheel sliding sideways. Released the throttle, dropped a gear and got back on the throttle and made it around the cure with the left wheel right on the yellow line. All in all a good day. burned up about $50.00 worth of gas froze, my butte off when I started out.

Took a ride a week or so ago. Dd around 275 miles. Went North up through the San Bernadino Mountains down into Palm Desert, East through Indian Wells, Indio and south alongside the Salton Sea. Went west across the sand box to Borrego Springs. As I was climbing the mountain leaving Borrego as I went into a sharp right hand curve, I glanced quickly over my right shoulder to look at the town laid out below and when I looked back at the road I noted that I was in a little too deep in the turn so I cranked the bars to the right and had the front wheel sliding sideways. Released the throttle, dropped a gear and got back on the throttle and made it around the cure with the left wheel right on the yellow line. All in all a good day. burned up about $50.00 worth of gas froze, my butte off when I started out.

If you want company on your next one let me know some time.

Hey Jarhead 1775

Going out of town tomorrow for the weekend. Don't know if I'll ride next Saturday or not. Got some "Honey-Do's" to get done. Been putting them off waiting on my thumb to heal up from surgery after my stupid trick of shooting myself with a nail gun. If I can get some things done next week I might be able to get out of the house on Saturday.

Hey Jarhead 1775

Going out of town tomorrow for the weekend. Don't know if I'll ride next Saturday or not. Got some "Honey-Do's" to get done. Been putting them off waiting on my thumb to heal up from surgery after my stupid trick of shooting myself with a nail gun. If I can get some things done next week I might be able to get out of the house on Saturday.

Hey Ray, I just saw this. Sounds like a plan. You call it. I'm good for a ride Saturday through Friday weather permitting. I can meet you in Santee. Let me know, I'll keep an eye peeled.

P.S. stay away from those nail guns. Hope it feels better soon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back