What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Thanks, that is where I ordered from, I am not a big fan of nylocks, I still may use lock washers and double nuts, this goes back to the old days of riding my Panhead when everything fell off :p

If you notice in any group of Harley riders, the Triglides are always in the back and it’s a perfectly logical reason for that. They the Triglides have enough room to fit all the pieces that fall off of the Harleys that are in front of them.😁..

Jeff, are the instructions good? I am a big fan of lock washers and double nutting

I hate surprises on the road;)

The directions are good. Easy to follow and understand. I followed every step with OCD to insure that I didn't get ahead of myself. By far, the hardest part was getting on to the floor ... or maybe it was getting back up from the floor :) I did use all of the supplied hardware and everything fit correctly. Cobra recommends checking all fasteners after the 1st "new" ride and again at 500 miles.

IMG_8172.jpg IMG_8173.jpg

Bumper is on, I cheated and used my air ratchet, it took about 20
288e141f-67c7-429b-bc4b-7a50f66e9817

Attachments

• IMG_20230814_152136 (7).jpg
    IMG_20230814_152136 (7).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
There is not a big difference in the HD bumper and the Cobra

If you pull up the instruction sheet for the install of the HD bumper, it is in fact pretty close to word for word of the Cobra bumper including the tightening sequence and torque

I dunno how Cobra got away with it but for my money I think the Cobra was the right choice for me plus it was $120.00 cheaper

Today I rechecked my work and found only 1 bolt was not quite tight enuff, so I re torqued them all

There is not a big difference in the HD bumper and the Cobra

If you pull up the instruction sheet for the install of the HD bumper, it is in fact pretty close to word for word of the Cobra bumper including the tightening sequence and torque

I dunno how Cobra got away with it but for my money I think the Cobra was the right choice for me plus it was $120.00 cheaper

Today I rechecked my work and found only 1 bolt was not quite tight enuff, so I re torqued them all

I actually think that the Cobra Bumper is even nicer than the HD (price aside) I chose the Cobra primarily for the Black Powder Coated Mounting Brackets ... They make the Bumper look like it is "floating" if you will, like it is mounted to the rear of the Trike and not to the under carriage. The HD Chrome Mounting Brackets draw your eye to the underside of the Trike. The Black disappears. When I saw Southport's mounted to his Trike, I knew that was the way I wanted to go ...

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 10.55.35 AM.jpeg IMG_8171.jpg

Bored today so I added some chrome to my side covers and around the rear fender to cover some paint chips

attachment.php

asset.php

attachment.php

OK great ... that looks super. Where did you end the fender trim? Is it flush with the end of the fender? Does it go around the end and finish under the fender? More info please is always appreciated. Love the fender tips. What made you think to use that trim? :clapping:

OK great ... that looks super. Where did you end the fender trim? Is it flush with the end of the fender? Does it go around the end and finish under the fender? More info please is always appreciated. Love the fender tips. What made you think to use that trim? :clapping:

I used this, not quite flush to the ends, easy to work with and is bendable, use clamps over night @ the bends

I wanted some chrome, no one makes a kit so I winged it, be creative and take your time

I test rode it today on the way to St Augustine @ 75 MPH, it stayed on;)

99987958_kdd_s37750_pri_larg.jpg

I added some chrome to the bottom of the rear fenders a couple of days ago

I clamped it over night, then gave it a run down I 95 @ 75 MPH to make sure it passed the test for staying on, so far so good, this product is very easy to use, follow the supplied instructions, make cuts with good sharp scissors and you are good to go

asset.php

asset.php

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back