What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

strip of led light

I added a LED light strip 49 inch long. It has running light, turn signals, and brake light. Its made for trucks and has the typical trailer type connecter. Its not plug and play but it has only three wires to connect.. I spliced them to the bikes wire leads running to the back of the bike. They are self adhesive light strip. Its nice and bright and legal hopefully people will stay back from me. When I learn to post pictures I will show it off.

Hi Guys

Today I fitted the Memphis shades batwing fairing, Kuryakyn leavers, and removed my exhaust ready for the V&H Power Duals to be fitted (possibly tomorrow).

I’ve also added black transmission cover with a Kuryakyn shroud. I’ll post pics at some point, but the shroud really finishes off the look nicely.

Rear Breaks

Just did the first rear break pads at 35000...went back with HD pads...didn't have a problem with the stock set and were changed per the wear bar...

Reactions: MDO
We are having a streak of nice weather here in STL, so I need to get a ride in today or tomorrow, but I have some serious yard work to tackle for a few hours.:)

I installed a JES oil temp gauge. Oil temp is running 200 - 220 degrees. Will be interesting to see what it runs this summer.

Sunman

200-220 degrees oil temp sounds good to me. I'm curious, which gauge did you get, air or oil filled?

I did gauge calibration in the military, as1 of my many collateral duties & we used an oil filled gauge anywhere where vibration was a concern.

200-220 degrees oil temp sounds good to me. I'm curious, which gauge did you get, air or oil filled? I did gauge calibration in the military, as1 of my many collateral duties & we used an oil filled gauge anywhere where vibration was a concern.

I got the Black Face Air filled gauge, 07-16 FLs 2007 - >16. $135.00 plus $13.00 shipping.

Sunman

Great day to ride here in Florida. My riding buddy and I left home around 9 am with temps around 70. Headed out toward Port Mayaca following the St. Lucie canal. Passed numerous groups of riders on way and each group had at least one trike in it. You can always tell the trikes easily because they usually ride in the rear except one group of riders,two trikes were in the front. Passed one white trike going the opposite direction towing a motorcycle trailer with two older bikes on it. We were out about 4 hrs with high temp reaching 79 and low humidity and logged around 140 miles and counted at least 70 other bikes out. Must be because there is nothing else to do but ride now. Trying to plan our rides without stopping at a restaurant until this virus blows over.

I can only dream of riding as we are in day 2 of rain with really warm temps of 75°

They are predicting hail, high winds & possible tornadoes tonight & then we get a temp. drop to the 40's.

We had 1 local dealer, Gateway HD, close it's showroom for a few weeks & I read this morning HD is shutting down production till the end of March.

I hope you all are fairing better.

I can only dream of riding as we are in day 2 of rain with really warm temps of 75°

They are predicting hail, high winds & possible tornadoes tonight & then we get a temp. drop to the 40's.

We had 1 local dealer, Gateway HD, close it's showroom for a few weeks & I read this morning HD is shutting down production till the end of March.

I hope you all are fairing better.

Hey Michael, we're doing ok here in SE Virginia. Beautiful day to ride, sunny and mid 70's but it's my better half's birthday and I refuse to leave to go for a ride even though she said to. Gotta keep priorities in order. Besides a ride every now and then and infrequent trips to the grocery store we're pretty much hunkered down.

To get the thread back on track about a week ago I installed the HD sissy bar and pad. Something is weird with it, I couldn't get one of the legs locked down in the dock. I finally was able to get the bar locked to that one dock by removing it, installing the dock on the bar then installing the dock into the body with bar already attached. I need to futz with it some more to see what the heck is going on but for now it's together, locked and I haven't wanted to argue with success.

Anybody else ever have an issue like that?

• Thanks
Hey Michael, we're doing ok here in SE Virginia. Beautiful day to ride, sunny and mid 70's but it's my better half's birthday and I refuse to leave to go for a ride even though she said to. Gotta keep priorities in order. Besides a ride every now and then and infrequent trips to the grocery store we're pretty much hunkered down.

To get the thread back on track about a week ago I installed the HD sissy bar and pad. Something is weird with it, I couldn't get one of the legs locked down in the dock. I finally was able to get the bar locked to that one dock by removing it, installing the dock on the bar then installing the dock into the body with bar already attached. I need to futz with it some more to see what the heck is going on but for now it's together, locked and I haven't wanted to argue with success.

Anybody else ever have an issue like that?

IMO the sissy bar docking is a poor set up

Try lubing the O rings and push down with equal force when docking, this seems to help mine

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back