Well it happened.. cracked up the trike.

Delay confirmed

Sure glad to hear that you're OK. As everyone has said, the bike can be fixed. Speaking from personal experience painted parts take an awfully long time to get. Our TriGlide was involved in a collision some time ago. 15k worth of damage - almost all painted parts replaced, except for the side covers and the Tour-Pak. It took 11 weeks before we got the bike back. Hopefully it won't take that long for your bike. So try to relax and make the best of your Montana winter.

Sure glad to hear that you're OK. As everyone has said, the bike can be fixed. Speaking from personal experience painted parts take an awfully long time to get. Our TriGlide was involved in a collision some time ago. 15k worth of damage - almost all painted parts replaced, except for the side covers and the Tour-Pak. It took 11 weeks before we got the bike back. Hopefully it won't take that long for your bike. So try to relax and make the best of your Montana winter.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have the bike done now, its at the dealer in Missoula . It actually looks better than it did new.

They really detailed it out and put all new parts on the front end . Both cosmetic and functional.

They said if they could not make the bike like new id be getting a new one instead. Well they did it and i'm super impressed. Now I am waiting to get into Physical therapy on January 5th. Messed up my left leg really good and can barely walk. Put weight on the leg etc. Been a long winter on the cane . We shall see what the spring brings. Might be a minute before I can ride again.

I appreciate the kind words. Been a rough fall / winter for my family.

P.S. My cousin in Roulette almost got her house blown away by a tornado. Came within an 1/4 of a mile. Hope your safe and ok down there with the storms.

Somehow I missed this thread.

Good to hear they got your Trike fixed up.

Just a few more days for PT. Unfortunately, it's probably gonna hurt, but it should help!

Hope your back riding by the time the snow melts! :)

Kevin

Thanks Kevin:

The trike is actually great.

They did a fantastic job with repair. Looks and rides brand new.

Now I'm working on healing my body up. I messed up my leg up pretty good.

P.T. will probably be miserable but I'm not sure it will be any worse then the day to day at this point. Appreciate the comments and concern. Id settle for walking by the time the snow melts but if I could be riding that would be fantastic.

Thanks Kevin:

The trike is actually great.

They did a fantastic job with repair. Looks and rides brand new.

Now I'm working on healing my body up. I messed up my leg up pretty good.

P.T. will probably be miserable but I'm not sure it will be any worse then the day to day at this point. Appreciate the comments and concern. Id settle for walking by the time the snow melts but if I could be riding that would be fantastic.

I understand the miserable part. Took over a month of PT before I could start to walk with a cane...and every minute of it hurt. :xzqxz:

But a few days after I was walking with the cane I took a little ride around the block.

It was great! Then a couple of weeks later I took my first real ride in over 5 months! Had my cane bungied to the sissy bar. :)

Riding was easy...getting on and off the bike was the hard part. :laugh:

Hoping you heal up quick and are able to get back in the wind!

Kevin

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have the bike done now, its at the dealer in Missoula . It actually looks better than it did new. They really detailed it out and put all new parts on the front end . Both cosmetic and functional.

They said if they could not make the bike like new id be getting a new one instead. Well they did it and i'm super impressed. Now I am waiting to get into Physical therapy on January 5th. Messed up my left leg really good and can barely walk. Put weight on the leg etc.

Been a long winter on the cane . We shall see what the spring brings. Might be a minute before I can ride again. I appreciate the kind words. Been a rough fall / winter for my family.

P.S. My cousin in Roulette almost got her house blown away by a tornado. Came within an 1/4 of a mile. Hope your safe and ok down there with the storms.

We're located in Weatherford, a bit west of the Metroplex and fortunately were not near the tornadoes.

In May of 1999 we visited Montana and stayed at Alta Ranch, about 40 miles SSW of Darby. Some roads were still closed due to snow, so I can just imagine how limited your riding season must be.

So just take your time healing up so you'll be ready to do some Freewheelin'. Be well and be safe.

missedem,

How's the PT going?

Kevin

Kevin: thanks for asking. Been brutal and pretty excruciating however after 3 appointments I had my first mostly pain free day since the accident after the P.T. appointment. I have had a pain flair up since and am trying to stay positive , progress is slow. Now that the pain in the hip is slowing down some. Back pain is really up. Seems the hip pain was masking some of the other trouble spots. I have until mid March before the insurance runs out of P.T. appointments for the year so we shall see how I am doing by then. One things for sure I am updating my medical coverage on the bike insurance and hoping to never need it again.

I am looking forward to riding again. Wonder sometimes if two wheels would be better on my back but i've made the investment for the FLRT. Id take a beating if I sold it or traded it off. I am thinking I should use your comfort lift and see if that helps. Hear good things about it. Probably going to put taller bars on as well. Though Ill have to save up for that one. Labor on a handlebar replacement is pretty steep. Take care , ride safe and keep the shiny side up. I truly appreciate the kind words, encouragement and concern.

Rick (aka missedem)

Kevin: thanks for asking. Been brutal and pretty excruciating however after 3 appointments I had my first mostly pain free day since the accident after the P.T. appointment. I have had a pain flair up since and am trying to stay positive , progress is slow. Now that the pain in the hip is slowing down some. Back pain is really up. Seems the hip pain was masking some of the other trouble spots. I have until mid March before the insurance runs out of P.T. appointments for the year so we shall see how I am doing by then. One things for sure I am updating my medical coverage on the bike insurance and hoping to never need it again.

I am looking forward to riding again. Wonder sometimes if two wheels would be better on my back but i've made the investment for the FLRT. Id take a beating if I sold it or traded it off. I am thinking I should use your comfort lift and see if that helps. Hear good things about it. Probably going to put taller bars on as well. Though Ill have to save up for that one. Labor on a handlebar replacement is pretty steep. Take care , ride safe and keep the shiny side up. I truly appreciate the kind words, encouragement and concern.

Rick (aka missedem)

Here's hoping the PT gets everything back how it should be!

6 years later I still do some of the PT exercises to ward of the chronic pain that rears up. It really helps me.

Yeah, the comfort lift, dialing in the air pressure and running the rear tires at 20-22 psi will get it smoothed out a lot. Also an airhawk will help some. Sitting/riding on my TG is literally the most comfortable "chair" I have, even more than my $200 office chair! :laugh:

Yeah than handlebars can get expensive...wire extensions, hydraulic lines and Throttle by Wire module.

Keep at it man, sounds like it's already getting better!

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back