VTX 1800 - take front caliper off rear brake circuit? Rear Brake job. Quickstop shoes

UPDATE!

I finally got around to pulling the seat off and indeed, the brake PCV (Proportional Control Valve) under the seat has been removed, and an adapter used to transition from a solid to a flexible stainless braided line.

When this was done, the brake line was bent a bit to make the transition, and caused the wire harness to be pushed closer to the rear exhaust port. :xzqxz:Burned the outer cover (electrical tape? ) off, but a CLOSE inspection shows no wire damage. Whew!

Also, taking the axle apart to have it sent out of state for repair, I established the oil level was much lower than the original fill plug. The fluid level is very clear to see on the inside of the back cover, so I am going to drill a hole and use the rubber plug Jack suggested. THANKS again for that idea!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back