Unable to get out of park

2006gold

950+ Posts
Jun 11, 2013
DFW, Texas
After riding through tropical depression Bill and stopping to eat I couldn't get the Stallion out of park. Anyone else had this problem?

Stuck in park:

After riding through tropical depression Bill and stopping to eat I couldn't get the Stallion out of park. Anyone else had this problem?
If you raise the hood, you will see a button on the shifter, you can release it manually. When you press the brake, a switch is suppose to release it. Maybe a bad switch, check fuses, etc.

Check your brake lites as stated. The brake switch that mounts on the booster for the master cylinder under the seat might be the issue.

Thanks. Figured out the button on the shifter mechanism and got going. But I'll check the other things also. Right now, staying in neutral and using the parking brake.

These Stallions fascinate me ... they look like a trike ... but when someone posts an issue, they sound like a car ... I know there are two of them here in town ... but I'll be danged if I can catch one to get a good look ... LOL ... quick little buggers

they have had a problem in the past with the brake switch and TMS has made their own switch replacement for it its now water proof which sounds like your problem , I had the same thing have a new switch to replace it with just cant get under it at this time to replace it , I solved this problem temp. using duck tape around the gear switch button, till I can replace the switch..

I had the same issue. One switch controls brake lights, cruise control and lock on shifting lever. The switch is under the body near the master cylinder on the left side. unplug it, carry it to the nearest Ford dealer for a replacement. Mine of all things had a gravel in it that wore out the contacts.

Thanks all. Haven't had the inclination to look into the issue much due to the darn heat and humidity, but we're supposed to get some relief this weekend. The problem is probably due to riding through tropical storm Bill. LOTS of water on the road which most likely has goof up the brake switch.

I've had the same problem several times. I know you can raise the hood and press the release and you can shift into drive. A couple of weeks ago I did and going down the road I noticed the cruse wasn't working and then I realized the engine started overheating. I've found that if you turn the key off and then restart the engine it will shift into gear. I have checked the switch in front of the master cylinder and I can't see what would make it work one time and then not the next. I have checked brake lights when the shifted will not shift and they work fine. It's just that little electrical gremlin that keeps getting in the way.:Shrug:

I've had the same problem several times. I know you can raise the hood and press the release and you can shift into drive. A couple of weeks ago I did and going down the road I noticed the cruse wasn't working and then I realized the engine started overheating. I've found that if you turn the key off and then restart the engine it will shift into gear. I have checked the switch in front of the master cylinder and I can't see what would make it work one time and then not the next. I have checked brake lights when the shifted will not shift and they work fine. It's just that little electrical gremlin that keeps getting in the way.:Shrug:

Ed if I remember correctly there are 3 different contacts in that one housing. One or all could be the issue.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back