trip to Nova Scotia

DblTrbl

Gold Member
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
Just returned from Nova Scotia. Came home a day early to beat the heavy rains coming tomorrow.
Took the ferry from Portland ME to Yarmouth NS. Had about 10hr road trip to Baddeck (Cape Brenton). Stayed at the Auld Farms B&B. Great place with very nice owners.
rode the Cabot Trail and stopped to watch a Cow moose with her two babies..
Next day rode to Saint John, New Brunswick. Had a great meal at "The Fallls" restaurant.
In the morning we headed for Madison Maine but do to the nasty weather heading out way, we only stopped for a visit and then headed back to NH. After Almost 400 miles today I made it home safe and sound.
The trike was great but almost went into the poorhouse due to the price of gas in Canada, almost $4.50 per gallon.
Besides seeing the moose on Cabot's Trail, we saw a black bear on the side of the road in New Brunswick as well as several deer in NS and NB.

Sounds like a great trip. Never been there (yet) but heard a lot of good things about it. Glad you had a safe trip.

Sounds like a nice trip to NS. Too bad the weather was a factor in "rushing" you home. Besides the Cape, there are many nice places to visit on the "main land" such as Luninburg, Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove and "bike night" at the waterfront in downtown Halifax, etc. While in the area, a visit to Prince Edward Island is always nice, too. Besides Charlottetown and Cavendish (Anne of Green Gables), the are a couple of popular places to enjoy a "Lobster Supper" (such as at New Glasgow and other locations) - a local tradition.

Also, don't forget "Magnetic Hill" in Moncton, New Brunswick as well as the Hopewell Rocks in the same area.

Regardless, there's always "next time". ThumbUp

We are in Lincoln NH for the next 2 days we are heading the way you just came back from. We hope the weather gets out in front of us and it gets nice behind it. Glad you had a great time.

Gorilla -

Nova Scotia and the surrounding area is a great place to visit. We hope the weather and your available time serve you well. I'm no expert, but if I can help in some small way, let me know at trike.nj @ gmail...

In addition to the suggestions made 2 posts ago, the "Public Gardens" in downtown Halifax might make a pleasant visit. Also, historical locations such as Annapolis Royal and Gran-Pre may prove interesting.

Have a great trip... ThumbUp

Thank you for the suggestions. 2300 miles into this trip so far and still heading north. We are really looking forward to enjoying the area.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back