First Trike Trip

cycle7447

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2021
Lake Orion, MI, USA
Name
Donald
Well, my wife and I finally took our first trke trip. I should just say SWEET and stop postings but, wanted to add a bit more.

Out trip was from Michigan - Ohio - Kentucky and covered a total of 1015 miles. The weather was perfect, not a drop of rain and the temperatures were in the mid 80s.

The new Harley with the CSC trike conversion ran perfectly and handled very well. Our group had a total of 6 bikes - 4 of which were trikes. As we staged to leave, the TriGlides were next to my trike - and you could noticeably see the differences. Take a look at the passenger footpeg in relations to the rear fender on the TriGlide. Next compare the passenger footpeg on the CSC and the rear fender. This gives you some idea as to how much longer the CSC is.

I posted earlier about gas milage - wondering how much I might lose with the CSC. On this trip, according to the gauges, I averaged 43.9 mpg. When I would fill the tank and then check the reserve, it would read just over 260 miles. Our cruising speed was about 65 on the highways and 50 or so on the back roads. When possible, I was on cruise control - so, I imagine that helped.

With the running boards, I sort of wondered if I would feel and engine heat. We didn't and this might be because of the great weather. We also installed that extra fam and left that in the auto position - all of this surely helped.

With the two-wheeler, we packed most of the stuff in the trunk and then had extra stuff in the saddlebags. With the trike, there was plenty of room. Everything went in the trike trunk. The upper shelf held the tire repair kit, compressor, cleaning stuff - those sorts of things. The lower shelf had all of the luggage. For the most part the bike trunk was empty - carrying my hat and the long sleeve shirts were took off and on. Also had a jacket there which we never used. For the trip home, those jackets were in the trike trunk. We did take the trunk bag - always have our rain suits in there for easy access. Overall, plenty of space.

So, first trip down and we have a few more planned. The next long one is to Iowa sometime in July. Meanwhile, I will pull the trike out of the garage and wash it. Hope all of you had a great and safe weekend.

Well, my wife and I finally took our first trke trip. I should just say SWEET and stop postings but, wanted to add a bit more.

Out trip was from Michigan - Ohio - Kentucky and covered a total of 1015 miles. The weather was perfect, not a drop of rain and the temperatures were in the mid 80s.

The new Harley with the CSC trike conversion ran perfectly and handled very well. Our group had a total of 6 bikes - 4 of which were trikes. As we staged to leave, the TriGlides were next to my trike - and you could noticeably see the differences. Take a look at the passenger footpeg in relations to the rear fender on the TriGlide. Next compare the passenger footpeg on the CSC and the rear fender. This gives you some idea as to how much longer the CSC is.

I posted earlier about gas milage - wondering how much I might lose with the CSC. On this trip, according to the gauges, I averaged 43.9 mpg. When I would fill the tank and then check the reserve, it would read just over 260 miles. Our cruising speed was about 65 on the highways and 50 or so on the back roads. When possible, I was on cruise control - so, I imagine that helped.

With the running boards, I sort of wondered if I would feel and engine heat. We didn't and this might be because of the great weather. We also installed that extra fam and left that in the auto position - all of this surely helped.

With the two-wheeler, we packed most of the stuff in the trunk and then had extra stuff in the saddlebags. With the trike, there was plenty of room. Everything went in the trike trunk. The upper shelf held the tire repair kit, compressor, cleaning stuff - those sorts of things. The lower shelf had all of the luggage. For the most part the bike trunk was empty - carrying my hat and the long sleeve shirts were took off and on. Also had a jacket there which we never used. For the trip home, those jackets were in the trike trunk. We did take the trunk bag - always have our rain suits in there for easy access. Overall, plenty of space.

So, first trip down and we have a few more planned. The next long one is to Iowa sometime in July. Meanwhile, I will pull the trike out of the garage and wash it. Hope all of you had a great and safe weekend.

👍👍…

Nice. My wife n I are still planning our visit to CSC. We rode a little yesterday, the first time using my rider backrest with Mrs Notgrownup on the back. Way better, I told her we could eat up miles like this and the new Alaska sheepskin…wow. Ready to travel now.

Thanks all - going to ride all we can this summer/fall. Then, over the winter, see what we might want to add.

Next trip- Iowa rally. However, we might head to CSC before going there.

Some of us just may be a "tad jealous"...............Enjoy while you can............

Ronnie

8/16/22

Thanks - we will do all we can.

By the way, I use to live in Attleboro. My old next-door neighbor just got his Indian back from CSC - wow, they did a great job. I am certain we will be planning to meet somewhere soon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back