wg_in_TX.jpg

Me again at TX line

Claudia_in_TX.jpg

Claudia at TX state line

Mississippi.jpg

Mississippi River on bridge

Arkansas_river.jpg

Arkansas river on bridge

Flew up to Knoxville via Dallas and Charlotte to pick up our new-to-me 2008 GL1800 Champion conversion.

We initially missed our Knoxville connection so got there a few hours late so after signing papers, installing arm rests and packing the bike, it was too late to get on the road. Ate a hearty supper at Waffle House (finest food on the planet) and stayed in a local motel off IH81 as the local motels were gouging due to the TN vs GA ball game.

Took back roads to US64 and then down into TX mostly on US79 except where we got lost in Memphis and went through Mississippi. Mapquest said trip should be 1171 miles and we got in 1416 actual miles to home. The GPS I took didn't have a way to be plugged in as there was no power outlet on the bike. Power outlets are one of the first things I need to do. We stayed in Lawrenceburg TN (US64), Stuttgart AR (US79) and last night in Palestine TX on US79. Got home today at about 3PM tired, sunburned and with very chapped lips but happy.

Our new GL1800 Champion conversion did great. Front tire will need to be replaced soon as it has the OEM on it which doesn't seem to like life on a trike.

I will likely use a Michelin Pilot Activ rear tire and mount it backwards. This set up worked well on my GL500 trike. Then I will start saving for a real GPS as the 7-8 year old Tom Tom I have is an abomination.

Reactions: PWM
Great first trip on the new trike. I've been on some of the roads your were on and they have some beautiful scenery along the way. I've gotten to see more of our beautiful country since we got the trike than I ever saw before. Of course I'm retired now and hope to see a lot more.:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back