Trike Over at 50+ MPH

good lord, Thats a bad scrape my friend.<br />
<br />
I know what having several ribs broken feels like.<br />
The paramedics broke a bunch of mine when i had a heart attack.<br />
<br />
It's a bit rough sleeping sitting up, Keep a soft pillow handy to hold against the ribs if you cough. It helps a might.<br />
Threaten to shoot anyone that makes you laugh!<br />
There is a few months of recovery ahead of you and even small tasks will be hard at first.<br />
<br />
I don't like medications, but take the pain pills the dr. prescribes ok?<br />
Sleep is a great healer at first.<br />
<br />
I have had chest tubes for drainage. The site where the tubes are inserted will hurt because your body wants that tube out of you.<br />
Thank god you can't feel the tube inside of you.<br />
<br />
Don't push things, ribs heal slow, soon you will get tired of people babying you, but let em do it for a while?<br />
<br />
Just think? You just got yourself out of the lawn mowing task for a while!<br />
When you can do it, WALK. It will help keep phnumonia at bay, A little shot of oxygen might even be helpful if you can't take a deep breath.<br />
<br />
Let us know how your doing ok?<br />
Paul

Glad to hear you're on the mend, I know what you're going thru, the wife and I had a bad spill about 4 years ago, I broke 9 ribs, collarbone and also had chest tubes. It will get better but takes a long time. I never had pain like that before. We're back to riding so hopefully you will be before long also. Godspeed and keep the faith.....

Healing at any age is a bitch but worse when older, traded in the 2 wheeler for the trike when I was facing lower back surgery, just got ok to ride from saw bones after six months but still lots of pain, gettin old ain't for sissy's

A bummer for sure, I know all about those broken ribs and chest tubes, had 9 myself broke about 4 yrs ago, slow process but hang in there, it does get better, just takes time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back