Transmission Vent Hose

Oct 13, 2010
USA
while working on the trike I found the Transmission vent tube dry rotted..with cracks and holes in the tube.

I would leave it but didnt want water etc getting into the transmission. Noticed it was just under the rear header that may have caused this..photo.JPG

Just Curious. Is That on the 2010 in your Bio? (Or I THINK That's what I Read???? LOLOL) Oh, I Just went back & seen you also have a 96 DFT Ultra, That would make sense.......
Age, Heat, and that Stuff in the air I Can't remember what it's called right now, but it Ruins everything from Tires, to your Skin....... Glad You caught it, something like that COULD Get Nasty if it started getting Lots of Rain, or Wash water going down It I'd think. Maybe it would be a Good reason to either Check, or Change the Lube in it as a Precaution? (Just Trying to Help. These things Cost So Damn Much to repair AFTER the fact, if ya know what I mean.....) Good Luck Brother. ThumbUp

Last edited:
Just Curious. Is That on the 2010 in your Bio? (Or I THINK That's what I Read???? LOLOL) Oh, I Just went back & seen you also have a 96 DFT Ultra, That would make sense.......
Age, Heat, and that Stuff in the air I Can't remember what it's called right now, but it Ruins everything from Tires, to your Skin....... Glad You caught it, something like that COULD Get Nasty if it started getting Lots of Rain, or Wash water going down It I'd think. Maybe it would be a Good reason to either Check, or Change the Lube in it as a Precaution? (Just Trying to Help. These things Cost So Damn Much to repair AFTER the fact, if ya know what I mean.....) Good Luck Brother. ThumbUp

Both I own but its on the 2010 that has the vent hose cracked already..if it was the 96 then I could understand..Plus in 96 the vent hose came out the side not on the top of the trans top area.. yep due for my trans oil change anyway and working on other things at the same time.. yep and nothing is cheap anymore..:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back