Traded 2015 Freewheeler In On New 2017 Tri Glide

Congratulations on the new baby :pepper:

be be sure to pick up a sack of lemons, get the silly grin off the face :D, love the color.:clapping:

"Custom color two tone, Bonneville Blue/Fathom Blue"

I saw a 2017 Tri Glide with this combination at the dealer this last weekend. It was by a window, and the sunshine was lighting it up.
Wow, did that thing pop!

You'll love the Tri Glide!
Yup, in person the color really pops. I mentioned this a short time past after seeing it at a dealer.

I hear ya friend, :clapping:

I should not have test drove it.. Lol. Man I just love the color scheme and that did not help and kind of did me in. Also it rode so darn nice and smooth with a grip of power and usable torque.( Like I said I am leaving this one all stock). I really see no need to build it up in any way.

In California my dealer wanted my Freewheeler all back stock and that's the way there getting it. It is getting to the point it does not pay to do much more than a stage 1 A/C and download here is this dumb *^# state.

I love my Freewheeler but have wanted a Tri just to have more storage and more comfort over all for me and the wife.

Take Care, :)
Bill G

Congrats on the new ride. Believe me, you and the mrs will love the extra ride comfort and storage space the tri glide provides. It is the reason I was able to do the two back to back trips this past summer to the west coast. I would never have tried it on the Limited Low. The two tone Blue is a winner for sure.

It is one of my desktop wall papers.

Bill,

Wife and I are loving our 2016 Tri-Glide.

I join the others in liking your choice of color.

You mentioned you are leaving yours stock. Please let us know if you have any passenger heat issues during rides above 90 degrees F.

Some day I will update from my 2016 and am wondering if Harley finally engineered out all the ungodly passenger/rider heat issues.

Perhaps the Catalytic converter has become a non-issue?

Bill,

You mentioned you are leaving yours stock. Please let us know if you have any passenger heat issues during rides above 90 degrees F.

Some day I will update from my 2016 and am wondering if Harley finally engineered out all the ungodly passenger/rider heat issues.

Y'all need to take one for a test ride. Only leave your checkbook at home ! :D Harley moved the cat back over a foot such that heat should no longer be an issue for either the rider or passenger. Whole exhaust system is new. Flows much better and dissipates heat better/faster.

I planned on going for a test ride tomorrow. My 14 tri is almost new and I almost have it where I want it. I might just for a long ride tomorrow and the test rides will be over. Jim

Bill,

I will let you know for sure but so far no real heat issues but it has not been 90 degrees F yet.

The new Milwaukee 8 runs cooler than the previous stock Harley 103 did. Harley also moved the cat back quite a bit further in the header to help with heat issues down by your feet and legs.(Complete new exaust system on the Milwaukee 8).

I have found floorboard extensions really help as well by moving your leg and feet further away from the engine.

I just installed my floorboard extensions and my extended rear shifter arm today along with my LA Choppers front ext shift peg (works great with ext floorboards). This was the set up that I had on my Freewheeler.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1605.JPG
    IMG_1605.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Y'all need to take one for a test ride. Only leave your checkbook at home ! :D Harley moved the cat back over a foot such that heat should no longer be an issue for either the rider or passenger. Whole exhaust system is new. Flows much better and dissipates heat better/faster.

Yup you got it...ThumbUp ThumbUp The new exaust system is much nicer than the system on my 2015 Freewheeler. It also has a nice tone to it but my Freewheelers stock mufflers sounded nice to. The Milwaukee 8 has a grip more torque and runs really smooth. So far I am very impressed.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

I'd like one , however ..............

I really like what they've done to the engine. However, several things hold me back. The lack of a rear suspension upgrade is the biggest one. Followed by the fact that my '16 runs just fine and, the comfort/convenience mods I've made have the trike just as I want it . Lastly, the deprecation hit I would take just doesn't cut it. Since I ride solo, the cat heat really has never been an issue.

Took a 17 Tri glide out for a test ride today >Dealer made me a great deal on my 15 FLTR trade...don't know what to do.......

I know its a tuff call, I traded my Freewheeler and also sold my Dyna to have enough cash to pull it off my self.( The Tri Glides are costly) so far I have no regrets I love the new 2017 Tri Glide.

Best of luck on your decision. ThumbUp

Bill G

I know its a tuff call, I traded my Freewheeler and also sold my Dyna to have enough cash to pull it off my self.( The Tri Glides are costly) so far I have no regrets I love the new 2017 Tri Glide.

Best of luck on your decision. ThumbUp

Bill G

They also cut a deal to replace my handlebars with something more to my liking,pullbacks or mini apes They are making it really hard for me to say no.......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back