cycle7447

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2021
Lake Orion, MI, USA
Name
Donald
Good day everyone.

My 2021 Ultra was converted to a CS trike. I absolutely love it.

One thing that I posted about it before was - my TPMS is not working because the bike didn't initially recognize it was converted. So, with the help of others her, specifically PFWIZ, we now know that we cna tell the bike's system that it is not a trike.

Now my question. I have been talking with my dealer and soon we want to install the Harley sensors in my rear wheels and reflash it. The issue it, the Harley sensors are a bit smaller than the wheel opening, so, they have to fashion something to get it installed.

So, has anyone with a Harley tried to install regular TPMS sensors in the rear wheel of their trikes. Perhaps someone has changed wheels and needed a new sensor.

Thanks - am hoping to get this worked out and post what I find.

Good day everyone.

My 2021 Ultra was converted to a CS trike. I absolutely love it.

One thing that I posted about it before was - my TPMS is not working because the bike didn't initially recognize it was converted. So, with the help of others her, specifically PFWIZ, we now know that we cna tell the bike's system that it is not a trike.

Now my question. I have been talking with my dealer and soon we want to install the Harley sensors in my rear wheels and reflash it. The issue it, the Harley sensors are a bit smaller than the wheel opening, so, they have to fashion something to get it installed.

So, has anyone with a Harley tried to install regular TPMS sensors in the rear wheel of their trikes. Perhaps someone has changed wheels and needed a new sensor.

Thanks - am hoping to get this worked out and post what I find.

One issue you may have. Many Trike riders run the rear tires low for ride. If they are out side the TPMS limits.

You will get warms

No different than a sidecar. First an adapter needs to be made for the 8mm value stems. Then bike BCM needs to be set to trike mode. And it all works. Nav will even show a trike.

HD dealer may not be much help. They tend not to think out side the HD box.

One issue you may have. Many Trike riders run the rear tires low for ride. If they are out side the TPMS limits.

You will get warms

No different than a sidecar. First an adapter needs to be made for the 8mm value stems. Then bike BCM needs to be set to trike mode. And it all works. Nav will even show a trike.

HD dealer may not be much help. They tend not to think out side the HD box.

Thank you Sir - your information is very helpful. PFWIZ already gave me the info of the BCM - and, I have talked with my dealer. He said, no problem telling the bike it is now a trike.

You mentioned that an adapter has to be made for the 8mm valve stems. Any additional info you can share on this will be very helpful.

Since my bike is a CSC conversion, I already have the regular valve stems. The current issue is the Harley TPMS sensors are too small for the wheels. Sounds like you may already have a fix and might be aware of someone that has made the adapters. If such is the case, please share.

I was at the dealership today; they are slowing down and he wants to take a look and see what he can do. The think they can simply fashion the sensors inside the wheel and activate it. So they don't need the stems and we would use the regular stem to inflate the tire.

Any more info from you is really appreciated. Thanks

Well, everyone - I have commented on this thing several times - and my dealer got it to work.

He asked me to bring it in when his workload slowed - and he wanted to check it out. Figured I would also get a CD and maintenance done.

RCt73Bf.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back