Throttle by Wire High Idle Reset For Harleys

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
if your Harley throttle by wire acts up and high idles when cold starting, dont panic

Try This

To reset your idle setting back turn the ignition switch on for 10 seconds off for 10 seconds (do not start the engine), repeat a total of 4 times. That should reset your original throttle position.

The throttle by wire will remember throttle position each time the bike is shut down

That said, some are having problems rolling the throttle a bit when using the kill switch

This can cause this type of problem

There is just a bit of roll on with this set up compared to cable type throttles

The little extra roll on can = higher RPM when starting This does work, I tried it on mine when I first got it;)

if your Harley throttle by wire acts up and high idles when cold starting, dont panic

Try This

To reset your idle setting back turn the ignition switch on for 10 seconds off for 10 seconds (do not start the engine), repeat a total of 4 times. That should reset your original throttle position.

The throttle by wire will remember throttle position each time the bike is shut down

That said, some are having problems rolling the throttle a bit when using the kill switch

There is just a bit of roll on with this set up compared to cable type throttles

The little extra roll on can = higher RPM when starting This does work, I tried it on mine when I first got it;)

I don't know about that... The M8 Is supposed to idle when Cold 1000 to 1100 hundred RPM's plus and then when it warms up...It settles down to the annoying 850/900 lope...After about a mile of riding...:Shrug:

I don't know about that... The M8 Is supposed to idle when Cold 1000 to 1100 hundred RPM's plus and then when it warms up...It settles down to the annoying 850/900 lope...After about a mile of riding...:Shrug:

What the above info is for if your idle is lets say high @2000, then use the method

It can and does happen withTBW

My 15 Freewheeler did the same thing twice

Your M8 only idles cold @1000 to 1100? When you cold start it?

What the above info is for if your idle is lets say high @2000, then use the method

It can and does happen withTBW

My 15 Freewheeler did the same thing twice

Your M8 only idles cold @1000 to 1100? When you cold start it?

Give or take a few hundred RPM's..Yes, Thats the function of the enricher...

Try This

Learn something new every day - exactly why I enjoy coming here.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back