The B.E.A.R.D. Room

I can't shave my face either. Breakout real bad. But I can shave my head with no problem. Makes no dang sense at all to me.:Shrug:

I used my beard oil again for the first time in a couple of months. I've let my goatee grow out quite a bit, and the skin underneath is itching and flaking.

I used my beard oil again for the first time in a couple of months. I've let my goatee grow out quite a bit, and the skin underneath is itching and flaking.

I have never understood why y'all have trouble with itching. If you already have extended hair and you are just letting it get longer, I would think you should be well passed the itching stage with what you are already starting with. So I don't get it.

This suggests to me that letting my full beard continue to grow that I would be itching terribly. But I don't. And that's with or without balms or oils.

I wonder if y'all aren't getting all the soap out of your beard and that is what is causing the itching. It takes me a long time rinsing to get my beard free of soap. And I wash it daily.

I know many say not to use soap but I've been doing it for years. I want a clean beard so it's wash and rinse daily. Now I do use my own oils and balms. I have my own unique smell as a result. Wife likes it and her and me are all I care about. Anyone else can leave the area. :) :)

So anyway, I just don't understand this itching thing. There has to be a cause. And I don't buy the growing longer as the cause. Sorry. But It just doesn't make sense as you really should be passed that stage. :confused: :Shrug:

Most beards are different. That's what make us unique. My beard has changed quit a bit in my life. I think age is a contributing factor in that. Whatever a man uses on his beard is his choice. If you like using beard oil, balm, axle grease or whatever and you feel good about it, man I'm good with it. If it's day old, short or long, go with it.

Is it just me or has anyone else accidentally used the wrong setting on the trimmer and lopped it off before realising it :gah: maybe it's just me :cxtv: oh well...it will grow back

Is it just me or has anyone else accidentally used the wrong setting on the trimmer and lopped it off before realising it :gah: maybe it's just me :cxtv: oh well...it will grow back

When I trimmed back to the goatee, I trimmed it a bit shorter than I really meant to. It's almost out to a good length now.

Yeah, guilty but on mustache not beard. The dial is really easy to hit on mine so now and then nearly clip it completely off before I get my hand out of the way and see what I've done. Just hair so it will grow back. Got to make it even though.

Is it just me or has anyone else accidentally used the wrong setting on the trimmer and lopped it off before realizing it :gah: maybe it's just me :cxtv: oh well...it will grow back

No, it's not just you.

I can't tell you how many times I have taken off much more than intended...:D

I just trim back everything to look even. Just about time things grow back in, I'll accidentally

hack the beard again.:gah:

No, it's not just you.

I can't tell you how many times I have taken off much more than intended...:D

I just trim back everything to look even. Just about time things grow back in, I'll accidentally

hack the beard again.:gah:

Well it's back to the drawing board with the goatee ...#1 guard :blush:

20170415_170908-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences with me. ThumbUp

I've decided to grow mine out longer. As mentioned above, I really don't have any issue with itching after about 10 days or so from a clean shave. Mine's about an inch long now, and I'm going to try for about 4 inches or so in the coming months. :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back