The B.E.A.R.D. Room

Anyone considering sporting a neck beard?

neckbeard.jpg
NEVER!!

A couple of weeks ago I trimmed down to a #1 on the sides and a 3 on the chin. Always a 0 on the head.

Did I tell you that I pay myself or cutting the hair. I was paying a barber 12$$ +tip..I cut my hair weekly and I pay myself 12$$ and I am a great tipper. Jim

My hair cutter used to charge me $12 and I would give her a $3 tip. Then suddenly she raised her cutting price to $15. I don't tip her now.
When my barber went up to $10 I just started shaving what little I had left. Seemed like a rip-off for 5 minutes work. Took me about the same to shave it. So how much more money did he make raising his price? Well none from me. Been shaving ever since. And cheap blades work almost as good as the expensive ones. People should think twice about always wanting more money. Isn't it better to keep getting a little versus suddenly nothing? Of course now days others will continue spending anyway. They can. I won't.

Lookin' good, Jim.

I see the Allen tailpiece but can't make out the name on the mando. What pickup are you using?
The mandolin is a Click, #18. Butch Click, Rockford IN, is the builder. I visited him in 2009 and commissioned him to build this mando for me. I got everything I asked for and I even picked out the wood. I have had many want to buy this mando, but I have no reason to sell, it sure can do anything I try to play. That pickup is a LR Baggs Mando. It is a very good pickup but had too much stuff on the outside to keep up with. My brother now has the pickup. I installed a K&K double mini which I installed on the inside. No volume control, but I picked up a Taylor cable that has a volume control where it inserts into the mando. I usually play thru a mike. Jim

Looking good!

What balm did you try?

I dont remember the name of it Scott, I found it at Walgreen's. Im still at the shop but headed home, when I get there I will post it. I do like it better than the beard oil I was using and it has NO SMELL.

I dont remember the name of it Scott, I found it at Walgreen's. Im still at the shop but headed home, when I get there I will post it. I do like it better than the beard oil I was using and it has NO SMELL.
Before I cut my beard off, I was using a balm with no smell. I was very happy with it.

View attachment 43023

I've been letting mine grow out and started using a beard balm which I'm really liking. I think I'm going to let it go a while and see how long it will go. Not DK Kevin long, but a couple of inches longer anyway.

If yours is like mine the wind when riding will keep it trimmed for you anyway. My beard balm is home-brewed using shea and coca butter and coconut oil with just enough beeswax to firm it up some. It's like Brylcreem. A little dab'll do ya.

iu

Before I cut my beard off, I was using a balm with no smell. I was very happy with it.

Gotta keep a beard balance in the world. :D You shaved and I stopped shaving. It's growing like watching a stopped clock, extremely slow, and I've previously never been able to get by the scrubby stage, so this is the very first time I will be able to say I had a full beard if I manage to keep the blade away. :(

beard.png

Gotta keep a beard balance in the world. :D You shaved and I stopped shaving. It's growing like watching a stopped clock, extremely slow, and I've previously never been able to get by the scrubby stage, so this is the very first time I will be able to say I had a full beard if I manage to keep the blade away. :(

View attachment 43034
Yeah, now you have to have the control not to try getting it just a little evened up. One side grows faster than the other on me so my attempt to ​just even it up, I end up trimming it way too much. You are in hands(trimmer) off stage.

I finally gave in to the "rash" (little sores that form when my beard get longer than an inch or so) and trimmed my beard to about 1/2". I asked the doc about the sores and he said it looked like a virus driven rash. I thought beard oil was helping, but, then the rash started again.

The interesting thing is that within a day or two after trimming it back, the rash vanished. It's almost like as soon as the sun can get to my face through the hair, poof, no rash.

On a side note, I am letting my hair grow some. We'll see if I can get used to it being longer. I am so used to it being shorter (about an inch), not sure how long it can let it go ... :AGGHH:

My first stache was a couple of years out of high school (1970). No boys in high school were not allowed to grow their hair over their ears and no sideburns below the ear lobe. I grew some pretty wild mutton chop sideburns in '71. When looking at some old pictures from back then, a couple of years ago, my niece said I looked like Wolverine (just the chops). I grew a beard in '71 and had a bunch, on and off, till now. Sometimes my job stipulates that I be clean shaven due to hydrogen sulfide areas we drill in. Sporting a goatee now. I get it trimmed to a #3 every month or two. I haven't had to use any beard balm, so I don't have a lot of input on that matter. I do think a white beard just doesn't grow as fast as when I was young. A lot of good reading and info on the subject here.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back