The B.E.A.R.D. Room

All balms I've seen do have beeswax. Some more than others. Naturally the softer when you put your fingernail into it to dig some out the less beeswax. Cremo, I think that's the name, has a lot. Kingsman, again I think that's the brand, has very little. There is a juggling act to get the right amount. I've had to melt some I've made back down and add more beeswax because it was too soft and had no fly away control.

That dude above looks like he keeps his well trimmed. That's as far as I can get mine to grow. Riding just whips the ends and tangles it so badly that it gets self trimmed but always looks ratty.:mad: I'm going to try a beard net and see what happens. They were cheap enough to try. We'll see what happens. Can't hurt.:Shrug:

It is a beautiful day today. Went for a ride. My beard was beating me up. :prophet:
View attachment 42725

Yep, mine gets worse than that. It's long enough that it whips my glasses putting oil all over them. Gets kinda hard looking thru the things. I've just started using disposable beard nets. Seem to work but they are definitely disposable. Not sure how long they'll last in heavy crosswinds but I sure do like it so far. I may end up asking my wife to make me a permanent beard scarf. Scarf for lack of a better term for a beard holder.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to make my own beard oil. It's a combination of two ingredients and it has softened my facial hair considerably in a short period of time. Another plus is that it seems to be growing again. I've received a lot of comments about how good my beard smells too. :D

Mix 1 ounce of 100% JoJoba Oil and 50 drops of Peppermint oil(Mentha Piperita)

After March 3 (end of training at work) my full beard is getting docked to a short goatee. I'm just not a beard person year round.

I know my wife will be ecstatic.

How the heck did you manage to take that pic and tell about it??
I set the Smartphone on selfie mode while I was parked, then put it in my pocket and left it on. Went up the road (back road, no traffic, 40 mph, cruise control on) pulled the camera out with my left hand and took the pic. Actually several, just used the one that turned out the best. It was flapping worse on the highway, but I didn't have the nerve to try it at 55 mph in traffic.

I have the 12" LRS windshield on for the Winter. I'll be putting the 10" back on soon. Wondering how much difference it will make. I had not noticed this effect before, but usually wear a neck gaiter of face mask in the Winter.

Last edited:
After March 3 (end of training at work) my full beard is getting docked to a short goatee. I'm just not a beard person year round.

I know my wife will be ecstatic.

Now that's funny...we must be living in a parallel universe after all. Just shaved mine down to short goatee this last Friday the 3rd. :shades:

A couple of weeks ago I trimmed down to a #1 on the sides and a 3 on the chin. Always a 0 on the head.

Did I tell you that I pay myself or cutting the hair. I was paying a barber 12$$ +tip..I cut my hair weekly and I pay myself 12$$ and I am a great tipper. Jim
My hair cutter used to charge me $12 and I would give her a $3 tip. Then suddenly she raised her cutting price to $15. I don't tip her now.

A couple of weeks ago I trimmed down to a #1 on the sides and a 3 on the chin. Always a 0 on the head.

Did I tell you that I pay myself or cutting the hair. I was paying a barber 12$$ +tip..I cut my hair weekly and I pay myself 12$$ and I am a great tipper. Jim

Yeah Jim I do the same... I'm a cheap SOB :laugh: the only one thing that separates us is that any money I pay myself, the woman is there to take... $$$ :cxtv:

What's a barbershop? When Was a kid my mother cut our hair. She buzzed it. As an adult I cut my own hair. I buzz it as short as possible and trim my beard down to a couple of inches. The only times I've ever utilized a barber was when I was in the Army. You guessed it, they buzzed it! People actually pay $15 for that? :confused:

Anyone considering sporting a neck beard?

neckbeard.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back