That One Road

TonkaDriver

450+ Posts
Feb 26, 2018
Bagdad, AZ, USA
So I am on my way home from a quick trip to Wickenburg. I get to the Cutoff and as I am turning towards home I say to myself "Self, lets just cruise home nice and easy". I had just been doing 70+ for the last 40 minutes and wanted to relax. Everything went just fine for the quarter of a mile to the top of the first hill. Then I dropped into the roller coaster. At that point my plan went off into the wind and it was on.

The point to this thread is this question. Do you have a road that within a thousand feet or so you find you just can't hold back and you just have to let her rip?

Here is mine. The Cutoff

Kurt

We have a road like that ... well not really like that ... it goes through a canyon just south of Grand Junction. Off 50 you take 141 through Gateway and Naturita. It's more through rock formations following a creek. There is a little of everything, 65 mph straight aways to 10 mph hairpin turns.

The guy that owns Discovery Channel owns a ranch and car museum in Gateway (he used to be a pool customer, I never met him, just his caretaker). Anyway, there is something about that road that just makes me happy. Must have made that ride 20 times when the Chinese virus "lockdown" was on ... can't get more socially distanced that that ... LOL.

That road gets my head straight ... almost as well as a meandering ride.:D

I live in the city, we have no roads like that! BUT we do have, plenty of red lights, traffic everywhere, police on every corner, and the moron's that park their car on the side of the road instead of using driveways (and taking up half of the road) I'm jealous!

Ronnie

Thanks for the ride! Yup, we have roads like that but they are more twisty. Love scooting through the turns! One of my riding buddies and I were trying to time a route for a charity ride we were leading the next weekend and had to go through the route three times because the twisties on the one road pulled us into just scooting through having too much fun.

Last edited:
That is a fun road for sure!

I have some nice roads near me...but nothing like that.

That may be one of the reasons Mary and I travel so much, in search of roads that just can't be denied.

Thanks for the video!

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back