steering a trike

First of all welcome to Trike Talk from SE Missouri. My opinion is a trike with two wheels on the back is much better than three. A three wheel trike is one wheel on the front and two on the back is easier to ride because it just handles better. I haven't ever ridden a trike with three wheels on the back but I have followed several. From what I see they don't handle the curves nearly as well as a trike with two on the back. This is just my opinion:Shrug:.

I had a reverse Trike [Spyder] And now have a Tri-glide [Conventional trike]... The Spyder does steer easier it has electric power steering. But it is also a little twitchy [sensitive] and the single rear tire tends to act like the tail wagging the dog. Especially on crowned roads... The Tri-Glide needs a little more muscle to steer, Other wise they both handle well..And they each have their own quirk's...

I believe his question is more along the lines of the conventional trike like a TRI vs a add on like the Voyager. I've ridden both and I much prefer the trike with only 2 wheels in the back. The drive is through both wheels not just the center one. Feels better to me when I accelerate out of the turns.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome from New Mexico. 2 on the rear is better for me. My friend had a voyager kit on his ultra classic and it was dangerous especially if the road has a ridge. He was always high centered. Jim

One of the lady's in our chapter has the Voyager bolt on and loves it. Besides she said you can't beat the price. I almost bought the Voyager but then saw a Tow-Pac in the Harley parking lot. I liked that one even more then the Voyager and it was cheaper and smaller with trailer wheels. At the end of the day I bought the TriGlide and haven't been sorry for a minute(well maybe with the exception of the %$#@ GPS unit). LOL

Well,

My experience is Very different. It really depends on the 3-wheeler. At one time I owned a JZR threewheeler with one drive tire in the back and two steering tires up front...and the motor was stuck on the front as well....similar to a 3-wheeled Morgan or Triking. This style 3 wheeler are a REAL BLAST to drive and more a kin to a 4 wheeled car ina lot there operation.

But, in comparing a Can-Am and a conventional trike like Harley's....I feel the Harley wins hands down......

Springman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back