starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

well no news on my triple trees as of yet I hope I would have them by this week end,,, guess I 'm not a high priority @ shop where my son works as I don't want to pay for the work :Dso,,, worked on master cylinder location for rear brakes today, as of now its located under floor level in storage area under drivers seat-think this will work out ok ...started work on pedal assembly as the one I bought is with the 18x3.5 front wheel that I'm not using waiting for new home!!
a few pics of install - nothing to special but its progress!!
magoo
you can see shifter in 1 & 3 pic. as for now it lives up front n center of floor we will see for it wonks out
magoo

Attachments

• P1010160.JPG
    P1010160.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 210
  • P1010161.JPG
    P1010161.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 213
  • P1010162.JPG
    P1010162.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 207
triple trees

well got my trees last nite,,,
so will get going on the front end in earnest,,
heres a couple of pics went from my hand drawings,
to cad drawing to 3/4 inch steel. now I will make a neck stem , tubes etc. and the trike will be a roller!!
magoo

Attachments

• P1010169.JPG
    P1010169.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 212
  • P1010170.JPG
    P1010170.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 208
to cad drawing to 3/4 inch steel. now I will make a neck stem , tubes etc. and the trike will be a roller!!
magoo

:pepper: SWEET! I've been waiting for an update sir! I've got a bead on a supercharged engine out of a Pontiac Bonneville (such is your influence on me), and I really really really want to see you finish this bad girl. Awesome job so far, and keep up the good work! We'll all be watching.

ps. looks like the machine shop did a pretty good job with those trees! Nice!

magoo

not sure but you may want to lengthen the slot a tad...

:pepper: SWEET! I've been waiting for an update sir! I've got a bead on a supercharged engine out of a Pontiac Bonneville (such is your influence on me), and I really really really want to see you finish this bad girl. Awesome job so far, and keep up the good work! We'll all be watching.

ps. looks like the machine shop did a pretty good job with those trees! Nice!
thanks Kodiak
my son did the cad drawings and cut them on water jet at the shop he works at-then hit the flat sides with surface grinder & chased the bores on Bridgeport as with 3/4 inch steel the bores are flared a little on outlet side of cut...with water jet, so bores are cut a little small and trued up.
magoo

my son did the cad drawings and cut them on water jet at the shop he works at-then hit the flat sides with surface grinder & chased the bores on Bridgeport as with 3/4 inch steel the bores are flared a little on outlet side of cut...with water jet, so bores are cut a little small and trued up.
magoo

I'll bet having a son in that business will come in pretty handy on this build ... looks like he did a good job ... just don't tell him ... he might want to get paid. :D

triple tree stem

well today I ruffed out stem ,,,, got my 1.050 x 7/8 step for lower tree. 1" x 5/8 bottom, top for bearing perches and 1 x3/4 for upper tree then a inch or so .998 for threads (24 per inch)..... well I think I will make a couple practice runs in the morning on some scrap as I have not cut a thread in lath in 10-15 years so hate to waste the pc. !!
hey worse case scenario i'll get some young eyes and quick reflexes involved !!!
yep back to the kids shop!!- they have new high tech equipment too!!
magoo

finishing up on trees!!

well I didn't think this would be much of a job to build trees,,, but it sure has been a time bandit !!
ok I set the stem up 1.5 thousands over for the press into lower tree after starting the press I took it out and went to .001 much better!
here is a few pics.
1-3. this shows all 3 pcs. and the relief cut-I did add 1/2 inch more to cuts and 3/16 hole @ end of cut just cause I thought it would make things work easier..
4. I was setting up for holes for pinch bolts, I will use 3/8 allen bolts
5. just shows pinch bolt holes 3/8 on out side ,, 5/16 after relief cut for tapping.
6.well there they lay waiting for dust covers that should have been here so I can assemble on them on trike and carry on with build. I am considering using ss steel tube for front end any thoughts?
magoo

Attachments

• P1010171.JPG
    P1010171.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 170
  • P1010172.JPG
    P1010172.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 174
  • P1010173.JPG
    P1010173.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 172
  • P1010174.JPG
    P1010174.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010175.JPG
    P1010175.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 167
  • P1010176.JPG
    P1010176.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 168
ok got chrome moly tubing 1-3/4 x .120 wall ordered should be here in a day or two!!
once I get trees on front end and tubes in I will weight the trike with load on it and get shocks and front springs sorted out !! I may have a roller buy end of next week!!!
then I think I will get brakes finished and lights going so I can get trike inspected for title
magoo

Cool Auto Conversion

Like your Pics of the project. I too decided I wanted to have something with a auto engine. I am just getting mine on the road after many slow years. Mitsubishi 2.4L Auto. In hind site, I would have gone with a little more power than I have (160hp) but tons of hot tune up stuff available so the sky is the limit. Still happy though. Ran into some wiring challenges with the CPU and it being a Automatic. Some handling issues with trail . Other than that pretty smooth build. I have had it to 75 in 2nd gear before it shifted to 3rd and have 4th left. Lopes along at 60 at 1800rpm. Good luck with build. I'll be watching.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back