Stallion Accessories

Well, I guess I can add a little here. I removed the ball from the hitch and had a friend weld a 6" -2" reciever tube on the flat bar of the hitch. Then I went to Harbor Freight and bought their aluminum rack which is 22x49x4 and only weights 35 lbs before I cut off a 8 to 10 inch piece from the tongue. Went to Auto Zone and got the 2 piece led light bar and mounted it to the back of the rack. About $150 in parts and it worked great on our 3000+mile trip thru 7 states in Oct. Weighed my suitcases to keep the weight under the 100lb load per TMS. Only place it dragged was going into a hotel in the French Quarter and that was due to the coble stone roads and sidewalk area. Now I don't have to worry on where to put another trailer and whenever I get somewhere I will be for a couple of days, I just disconnect and put it in the hotel room.
Tomg

That looks great! I thought about that product when I read the review in Cycleworld a few months ago. How does it effect your vision? do you look under it or does it catch part of your field of view? Is it hard to keep clean? They say you can not take them off, can you keep it clean enough to cut down on glare? This looks like a great solution to the buffeting of the passanger. Do you know where the wind breaks now? Is it behind or on top of the pasangers helmet? How about the wind that rushes up from behind the driver in front of the passenger?

In my case I look under the lip. You have a couple of inches to play with when you first install it. So taller folks can slightly move it up at install. It can be remove with minimal difficulty. The round tabs are nylon hook and latch with and are stuck to the windshield with one way tape (already on the tabs). Cleaning is not an issue, just run a towel in between and slide it back and forth. I never had an issue with wind blast. My rider tells me it defintely helps, of course if she wanted no wind at all, I'd put her back in the car;). In regards to the return wind, it doesn't eliminate it but does help out a bit. The lip is for a BMW 1100 R/S I believe if you call the company (it's a one or two man operation I'm sure he'd remember and send you the right product. If he doesn't let me know and I can take a ride back to his shop so he can compare the product.....hope this help. :)

Has anyone mounted a thermometer and clock. Hard to believe that a $30,000 vehicle comes without either. I picked one up at JC Whitney and installed it this morning.

I_123323_CL_1.jpg

Yeah, it took me about 3 trys to get it right. I would gladly give up the security of having it in the trunk if I could get the radio in the cockpit. Oh well you can't have everything.

If anyone is still looking for a luggage rack that fits the stallion, I got one from an EBay dealer for $57 including shipping. You can contact the dealer
at [B]autopart2000@gmail.com[/B]. Mine is the HJ003 model. I did not like the back being so much lower so my solution was to buy 3/8 in diameter, 1 in length spacers and 2 65mm length bolts that fit the rack. Spacers were $1.15 each and bolts were $2.65 from local Lowe's.

Re: New Stallion Accessories!!!!!!!!

I bought my 2010 orange stallion and had the dealer put the soft curtains on and they work great, especially if you want to keep some of the rain out.
The dealer in Winchester TN. also had a head rest made for my wife and he also had some floor mats custom made for the bike.
I must say that I am really impressed with Pioneer Motorsports in Winchester Tn. We had several options put on, i.e. intercom, GPS, and a CB.
Deanone98

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back