Ride today came to an abrupt end

Oct 12, 2010
Bluff City Tn.
Went for a ride this afternoon and it came to an abrupt and sudden halt at a red light. I was stopped in the turn lane for what seemed like an eternity and when the light finally turned for me to go, I shifted into first and let the clutch out and BANG CLANG CLANG, I didn't go no where. I pulled the clutch in and it didn't stop much and then I shut it down. I was able to push it to the side of the road and got under it to look. This is what I found.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Has anyone seen something like this happen before? I'm going to see if a buddy of mine that has a machine shop can make a new one for me. BTW this is from a MotorTrike conversion.

So MUCH fun..................:censored:

I got hold of MotorTrike and talked to Richard, they had one and it is on the way. So hopefully I will be back on the road by the weekend. Riding in the car to work and back is no fun at all!

Well in the process of getting the universal pressed out last night I dropped one of the cups and lost some of the bearings, anybody know what the u-joint part number is so I can go to the parts house and get a new one?:Shrug:

Me and my butter fingers......:censored:

Yeah.....I have a Motor Trike Kit....same thing happened to me two years in a row....was still under warranty.... when it happened the second time.... Motor Trike told me they re-designed the universal joints.....runs fine now......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back