reverse do You Really need it

I use mine every time I ride. I have to back up a 10 degree angel to get back in my garage. the car is in the other side.

I have to enter my garage in reverse and the gateway is 15 meters (50 foot) long.

It is also useful in the mountains, sometimes needed if you have incompetent car drivers on very slim roads. There is the electric reverse sometimes to week, thats the reason, why at the moment my mechanican installs a Baker reverse.

can be done with out tearing bike completly down

I'm with Dave on this one, too many miles old school always watching the incline and letting it do the work when I get there! Then it's easy to leave!

As far as the installation for reverse, all you pull is the tranny cap on the right side and replace it. Can be done on the bike.

ThanK You I had to read a bunch of post before coming to the answer, having to install first build part is another 1400.00 that could mean a few more months with trike sitting waiting for me to save up the funds to purchase reverse, retirement is another way to spell limited funds Back when I was holding a regular job it would not of even been a question.

ThanK You I had to read a bunch of post before coming to the answer, having to install first build part is another 1400.00 that could mean a few more months with trike sitting waiting for me to save up the funds to purchase reverse, retirement is another way to spell limited funds Back when I was holding a regular job it would not of even been a question.

I love the reverse that works on my 1500 Honda Valkyrie.

We have been married 51 years and she has backed me up many times.

God bless,

Gideon

I find that I only use reverse when i want to back-up which is every time i want to back-up ... And Never when i want to go forward which is every time i want to go forward ...:xzqxz:

My buddies tri glide is a batch to push forward or backward.

My tour glide ultra with a champion kit is easy, I have never had a problem, pushes with little effort.

I do watch where I park though.

0924131129_0001.jpg

I have used mine once, just pretty easy to push it, I was surprised how easy it pushed for the weight of it, always push it in the garage when done riding, my neck doesn't turn very good so easier just to push it.

All for now Trampas

Thomastrike

I'll answer the reverse question IMHO....no I can't live without reverse. I'm addicted to it. So much so, that when the electric reverse goes out once my Tri Glide goes out of warranty, I'll be having a mechanical reverse installed. It costs about the same and is 10 times more dependable.

What Consitter said.....

Oh wow!!!

Sign of old age! I thought I was still under factory warranty until this coming May! Turns out it was LAST May that was the 2 year anniversary. Eeek, a whole extra year passed and I did not realize it til I got the call today that my reverse replacement is being covered under the extended warranty, not the Factory!!!

It's gonna cost me $50 for a new reverse.

Kevin

i've used my reverse three or four times since i bought the trike. i always make it a point to back into parking spots and most are on a slope. so it just kinda rolls back. i will say you do need a reverse on these tirkes though.

Haven't done the conversion yet, but one of the reasons I'm doing so is my age and my knees aren't getting any better. Definitely going to need the reverse!

Welcome to Trike-Talk...:clapping:...And when you do the conversion if at all possible don't get the electric reverse, Have them put a mechanical reverse in...ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back