Retirement

Dec 11, 2011
Lawrenceville Il. USA
I know most of you have been thru this. On vacation till March 1 which is my first day of retirement.
A little excited and a lot apprehensive. First thing to do is visit some relation.
Lot of plans for riding the triglide.:Excited:pepper:DThumbUp

Way to time your vacation, Rod!!! You are obviously an extremely intelligent man :D.
Congratulations on this new adventure -- it sounds to me like trike trips are a very reasonable choice to keep you busy.

Congratulations on your retirement, I may also be retireing. Came to work yesterday morning to find out that the company is making a retirement offer, we ae crunching the numbers hopefully it will work for us and march 22 will be my last work day and more ride time to follow.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!! :10:ThumbUp pepper

I was also going to retire this June but it looks like one more year for me. (June 2014) :Shrug::gah: lol ;)

Congrats Rod! Retired almost 3 years ago and never looked back. They tried to call me back after 6 months, but my boss knew my answer. :) We made many home improvements and traveled on trike and sea. It has been a blast! Regular doctor visits keep us both in great shape. Some days I just sit in front of TV and lift weights. Of course, I surf the forums daily. This is my job. :laugh:

Congratulations on your retirement
I did it five years ago. Still can't believe I did it.
The Lord has been good to us.
God bless you as you start this new adventure.

You'll love it. Everyday I keep reminding myself that I'm retired Mon. thru Fri. and then have the weekend off. When working 6 days a week I had to rush to get everything done after getting home in order to ride my only day off, Sunday. Now I ride whenever I want and have plenty of time to get things done. I've been retired almost 3 years now and my fears of being bored haven't happened. Good luck, you're starting the 4th quarter now.

You will find after a while that it will take you two days to do what you use to do in 2 or 3 hours. But you will be proud of yourself! Everything moves slower but smoother. What time is it, I don't know what day it is.

I will be retiring in June, do have some aprehension.....but it sure sounds like a lot of trikers are enjoying their Retirements.......great encouraging comments! Thanks.....C'mon June!

Hi Mary, Found the first couple months tough, even though we tackled home improvement projects. It takes time to change gears and smell the roses. There are concerns about having worked long enough to have economic security, but none of us know the future. If you have prepared, don't worry. Just live within your means. You certainly will be happier not having to answer to anyone. :)

Great conversation. I will start my 3rd year of retirement on Jan 26...tomorrow...yea!. It took me a full year to get over not working. due to some back issues, its hard for me to stand for any period of time, so looking for a low paying job has not been in the picture. As a retired law enforcement, it was hard to get over not being the pole-ece anymore. but yet its so nice not to have to worry about all that anymore also. Now, its easier for me. So, I'm ready to try to find a job for a few hours a week. Look out Dollar General here I come!!!

Retired six years ago. Still remember laying in bed, that first Monday, listening to my neighbors heading off to work. The smile was so big my face hurt for a couple days.

Just an observation; depending on the climate where you live the Winter can be a challenge. If you have to time and money to travel in the Winter it will make the time go so much faster. If not, make sure you have projects to do. Summer makes it easy to stay busy, but the cold weather usually really limits activity. If you don't have plans you will spend 1/3 of your life waiting for Spring.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back