Rebel RT

my wheels center line is 12.5 inchs of the ground and the seat is 1.5 to 2 inch's above that, so me the rider should be sitting at 13.5 to 14 inch's off the ground and a inch or two above wheel center line. Ed Roth designed trike. Interesting

my wheels center line is 12.5 inchs of the ground and the seat is 1.5 to 2 inch's above that, so me the rider should be sitting at 13.5 to 14 inch's off the ground and a inch or two above wheel center line. Ed Roth designed trike. Interesting
Am I reading this right? You have a Roth trike? Wow so lucky, I met the man 3 times and what a wonderful person, he made me think auto styling...

I bought the trike from my neighbor, believe this the trike was her mothers, guess she had boyfriends that built it for her, so the story went.

Never met ED, but his design looks good, man that would be awesome to spend time chatting.

He was given the patent in 1973, and my trike was registered in NV in 1976, and this makes me wonder about things and have questions, so a sit down with the past would be a blast for me.

Hope all the best, ride safe.:D

I bought the trike from my neighbor, believe this the trike was her mothers, guess she had boyfriends that built it for her, so the story went. Never met ED, but his design looks good, man that would be awesome to spend time chatting. He was given the patent in 1973, and my trike was registered in NV in 1976, and this makes me wonder about things and have questions, so a sit down with the past would be a blast for me.Hope all the best, ride safe.:D
Have you seen my Tri-Muter Trike? Photo's under "Post your VW trike pictures" page 22 photo 269

RebelRouser

HPIM3337.jpg
I am not happy with the upper frame rails being 19" wide and the seat less? floor boards? But the engine is 16.5" wide? SOOOOO!!! I think it's time to set the engine and do a work around after the front control arm upper rails are finished, I should take a upper photo of seat and rails. Mocked up the gas tank brace and tie end for the rear engine mount and seat...

RebelRouser

HPIM3352.jpgHPIM3354.jpg Wife likes this seat better (wider) Lowered the ride height .5 to see the change in toe in-out and brackets for the front coil overs, I need them to be adjustable, the shocks are not, so maybe inboard?

if the brace has to stay because of the engine, well why not bring back the steering bracket back on angle with the handle bar design ?I thought it looked upright to much to me, but I have not designed such a project, so I just watch and learn as I can. I could be wrong, but should we finish out the enegine and all that in the mock up so you can see it all, than look at the handle bar design. Your game, just a fan in the stands, LOL.

RebelRouser

HPIM3365.JPGHPIM3369.jpgHPIM3368.jpgHPIM3370.jpgAdjustable shock mounts and lowered the steering mount to meet the gas tank cross brace, will tilt it back later for G.T. height...

2nd what Andy said, but I see now that you will tilt the bars back.....am I seeing foot pegs on the side shown? first glance I thought feet would be ahead of the shocks...lol that tank will give a nice touch! good progress.

RebelRouser

HPIM3391.jpgLowered the tank 1" to clear the handlebars in turns, but still in mock up and fitment seems to be working ok, I have the doner bike for measurements...HPIM3397.JPGHPIM3396.jpg Tomorrow I will on the uprights for the control arms, 20 degrees. Nice azz huh?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back