Rebel RT

Right air scoop

Right side air scoop.JPGRight side air scoop, vertical, moved up front and 2" shorter x 2" scoop not 3" on the left side, NOW what do you think, :clapping: Just gotta be a little earlier for happy hour...:D

Front View

Front View differant size scoops.jpgNow you can see the difference in the scoops, the front grill will supply most of the air in front, maybe lower the driving light (lower headlight) can also scoop air from the bottom and air exit rear bottom, not venting through my crotch area, :D

After looking at the nose shot ... I think you maybe on to something with the following assumptions. The engine is gonna be under the cardboard (body skin ... pretty sure it won't be cardboard)? The body skin is gonna be tight to the tank? The air will only be pushed out under the engine?

If my assumptions are correct ... I kind of think the front scoop/grill will bring lots of air in and actually create a low pressure area, maybe a vacuum at the side vents, but, I'm not positive about that. probably could test it with a fan and a smoke source (you'd have too make actual vents) ... but that may be way out there in my A.B. Engineering mode. :D

Caliper Bracket Mount For Harley FXSTS

Thank you Stace, BUT, I am learning so much about motorcycle parts and how they work in unison to other parts. After thought, IF that slot was angled towards the axle hole it would work (chain adjust movement) So I might be better off with a setup like a springer disc uses? or?
M-C Caliper Bracket Mount For Harley FXSTS-l1600.jpg[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]M-C Caliper Bracket Mount For Harley FXSTS, polished $99.89?[/FONT]

HeadLight

HPIM3968.jpgHPIM3969.jpg:DHPIM3970.jpgI do not like it, yes it is a little smaller and it turns with the steering, It sits to high and 1" smaller, I do not want to be looking over the light, So maybe the same size as the lower one AND maybe mounted inside and through the upper grill?:D

I like the look of the grill idea, air flow is always something many do forget about.

I also like the look of the head light lower in the grill area, or maybe to rectangular type of to the side of the grill and a smaller lower one, just a thought I had.

I do like your project's, I am just waiting to see it all done at the end, very interesting to me.

Left side wins

Left air scoop final.JPGLeft side wins, and I will try to put the (2) headlights behind the grill. First it will be laid out in .250 wire and welded to shape then polyurethane ridged foam shaping and fiber glassing Now for the rear brake and fender...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back