Prayers For Ed "2Paps" Bruette

Does anyone else think this unit Ed is pushing around needs some CHROME???

Like this?

mc walker.jpg

Progress report

Since I’ve hit another goal/milestone I’m thinking you need an update. This week I visited my Orthopedist and after at least enough xrays was told the braces were history, a thing of the past as long as I didn’t feel like I needed them. Off they came when we got home! A by-product of losing the braces is my home care PT goes away at the end of next week. I’m going to miss her but PT as an out patient will be fun too. I’ll be driving (not riding) soon too.😊

That’s it from this end. Ya’ll stay safe.

Braceless man web2.jpg

Braceless man w therapy dog web2.jpg

That's fabulous news Ed. I am so glad to hear of your positive progress.:clapping:

I know you were ready to shed the braces and put your dancing shoes back on.:banana-mac:

Thanks for the great update. Keep up the good work.ThumbUp

That is AWESOME news Ed!!! That has got to feel great knowing the braces are behind you! Keep up the great progress! And congrats on being able to drive again! The riding will come!!!

Doug & Becky

Graduation - YEAH ! ! !

This journey started in Sep. when my trike failed its initial flight test. Then it was a week in a trauma hospital that I don’t remember followed by almost a month in a rehab hospital and a flight home (FL) from NC. After 3 months of home care that included nursing, occupational therapy and physical therapy followed by 2.5 months of outpatient physical therapy I met or exceeded all the requirements to GRADUATE from the system this past Fri. Apr. 5[SUP]th[/SUP]! That’s not to say I’m 100% but, I can get around safely and confidently on my own. The remaining leg of the journey is to get back to the gym to regain the rest of my strength. That shouldn’t take too long provided I maintain my 3 day a week schedule. So, the worst of it is over and life is getting back to “normal,” whatever that is.

I have lots of folks to thank for all the care and other support I have received. At the top of the list are my wife, Connie, daughter, Kelly and nephew, David. They have been the stalwarts day in and day out. The medical and therapy teams were true professionals and we had a lot of “fun” together. Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten, all the folks who visited, called, offered prayers, well wishes and a steady stream of cards. Every one of you helped maintain my good attitude and are deeply appreciated, thank you!

Very special thanks to the entire group who rescued me. Extra special thanks go to Sassy and Brassy for all the cards and to David 357 for keeping the forum up to date and all those phone calls to keep my spirits up, not to mention surreptitiously collecting data to post.

Lessons learned: Keep your angels close (there were 2 bells on the bike). If you just have to break a leg, try your best NOT to break the other one at the same time (it plays hell with the rest of the body when you can’t use your legs for 2+ months) . Be kind to your care givers and providers. Life is a whole lot better when they know they are appreciated and understand you have an active interest in getting well (I already knew this). Lastly, medical plane rides are damned expensive!

Trike Talk members are the best ! ! !

That is truely awesome Ed! Glad you have progressed to where you are today! I am sure you and your tenacity will get you where you want to be in the gym. Becky and I will continue to keep you in our prayers my friend.

:Congrats: Ed. I knew you would do it.:clapping:

I clearly remember talking to you sometime around day #3 in the trauma hospital. You grabbed my hand firmly and looked me square in the eye told me how determined you were to reach this day(graduation day). There was never any doubt in my mind, at that time, that you would not achieve this goal.

It was your determination and extreme effort for a full and complete recovery that sent you over the finish line.ThumbUp

Good luck with your weight training routines.

:Congrats: Ed. I knew you would do it.:clapping:

I clearly remember talking to you sometime around day #3 in the trauma hospital. You grabbed my hand firmly and looked me square in the eye told me how determined you were to reach this day(graduation day). There was never any doubt in my mind, at that time, that you would not achieve this goal.

It was your determination and extreme effort for a full and complete recovery that sent you over the finish line.ThumbUp

Good luck with your weight training routines.

Day ? in the trauma hospital ? I'm glad you remember that cuz I sure as hell don't! :gah: :Meds: :Crap:

Day ? in the trauma hospital ? I'm glad you remember that cuz I sure as hell don't! :gah: :Meds: :Crap:

Understandable for the circumstances Ed, but I also knew you meant every word that you said.

And the important thing is........ you did it and accomplished your goal............:clapping: ThumbUpThumbUp

Understandable for the circumstances Ed, but I also knew you meant every word that you said.

And the important thing is........ you did it and accomplished your goal............:clapping: ThumbUpThumbUp

I'll buy into that but you had a hand in keeping me going. Thanks again. :)

Ed .. so glad to hear your "up and about" Sounds like you had a heck of a support system ... keep them close, they are precious, as are you. Work hard to get back what you've lost ... but don't forget to play as well. :D ... Life is short and you've got a bunch of it left to live. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back