Prayers For Ed "2Paps" Bruette

Update: 10/06/18

I spoke with Ed by phone late yesterday for about an hour. Ed had a good flight home last Thursday .

Ed sounds absolutely great.ThumbUp

Ed is enjoying settling back into his home and looks forward to completing his therapy sessions.

I will ask the family about future contact information and contact procedures.

Update: 10/07/18

The following update is posted on Ed's "Go Fund Me" page by Kelly, Ed's daughter:

"So far, so good! Dad’s first weekend back home and we have him settled in like a bug in a rug. We now have the proper hospital bed, wheelchair and all other personal attachments in place. All exercises completed, homemade food reintroduced and one very, very happy puppy to have his best friend back home. This coming week we will find out about a home health nurse, a doctor visit, ongoing rehab and additional weekly goals. All in all, Dad looks great!"I do not have an update on any new contact information yet.

Last edited:
Update: 10/09/18

I recently completed a wonderful text messaging round with Ed. :D

Ed looks forward to corresponding with his Trike Talk Family.!!

Go Ed:clapping:

If you wish to speak with Ed, please PM (Personal Message) to me either your contact phone number and/or your email address. I will be happy to forward your contact information to Ed immediately.

Ed will get back with you.ThumbUp

Please keep in mind that Ed has a rather complex physical therapy schedule during the day, so responses may not be immediate.

Please respect Ed's wishes.

Update: 10/13/18:

Ed's daughter, Kelly, just recently posted this update on Ed's Go Fund Me page:

"It’s been a busy week, as most of you know! During hurricane preparation, Dad was admitted to the local hospital for an overnight stay. He was released Wednesday with plans for Home Health including PT, OT and a Nurse visit 3 days/week AND plans to the Ortho and Neuro Doctor offices to follow up on his legs, neck and back. We found local, non emergent transportation for him to travel back and forth, thankfully. (NO easy task!) Emergency visits are covered by insurance, only. All other are private pay. So on that note, I’m writing to say “thank you” to everyone who has kindly helped with their generous donations, they most definitely will will help with his travels!! Today was a great day as he had a couple of visitors stop by for a visit, you guys rock!! He was truly excited to see friends and is now quietly resting from his busy day."

That's the way to do it Ed.
ThumbUpThumbUp

Last edited:

Update: 10/20/18:

Ed's daughter, Kelly, just recently posted this update on Ed's Go Fund Me page:

"Week in review:

Dad had 2 appointments scheduled this week to see a Neurologist and to see his primary care physician (Ortho Doc in 2 weeks). The company scheduled to pick Dad up, Yellow Cab Company, never showed up, again. This happened last week also. So, now we will use TLT (Tender Loving Transport) to have Dad taken to all future appointments. The out of pocket cost for each trip is $175.00 via wheelchair and $275.00 via gurney.

The company Mom used, Angel Air, to have Dad airlifted from North Carolina to Florida was also out of pocket and cost them $15,000.00. The actual hospital bills have not started to come yet, this should be interesting.

Considering everything that has happened with Dad's accident, both Mom and Dad unite together as a pillar of strength! Dad is healing slowly every day and is very optimistic for a complete recovery! I can honestly tell you, I absolutely would not be the perfect patient my Dad has proven to be over and over again through this entire process. It would appear I still have a lot to learn when it comes to "having patience".

Again, I thank each and every one of you for your prayers, kind thoughts and donations!

Help spread the word!"

My current ride

Brothers, sisters and friends,

Almost 2 months ago my bike decided to fly instead of making the left-hand curve. My memory of the next 6 days is nearly blank. After 3 weeks in a North Carolina (NC) rehab hospital my birthday present to Connie was to come home to FL. The down side was that she drove 9 hours the day before and I jumped into a Lear that took 1.4 hours to get to the airport in FL. Ok, so I got loaded into the plane via stretcher rather than jumping, it still beat a 9-hour ride in a stretcher.

Last Tues. I got to see my local Orthopod who took my knee inhibitors and replaced them with braces. Along with that he removed the non-weight bearing status and told me I could do 50% weight bearing. Partial FREEDOM!!!! I’m hoping when I see him next month he’ll change my status to full weight bearing with a walker or some other walking aid.

I have been very fortunate in that the physical therapists (PTs) I’ve had were willing the have fun and still challenge me even while I challenged them. While still in NC 3 PTs proved that I could get into a Nissan Moreno from a wheel chair without weight bearing! It was just a proof of concept while we contemplated how best to transport me home. We all agreed 9 hours in a seat I couldn’t get out of was folly. Last week the PT had me get into and out of the same vehicle after I was in 50% weightbearing status. Works like a charm! Now I can do without the medical transport folks to get to and from Dr. appointments! 😁

Latest Ride copy.jpg

Email is getting easier but I’ll still send most of the updates via the points of contact in the various groups until I’m up to dealing with the volume of “normal” traffic.

Thank you for all your prayers and other support.

Stay safe,

Ed

Glad to see you're getting better Ed. Sounded like a really bad wreck that you were extremely fortunate enough to survive!ThumbUp

Keep it up & you'll be riding again, sooner rather than later...:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back