Passenger floorboards 2020

Feb 8, 2023
Brooklyn WI USA
Hi all. My wife is 5 foot tall with short legs. As of now the floor boards are sitting 15 inches from the floor to the middle of the board. She wears her cycle boots and she still would like to bring the boards up a inch. I bought the DK Customs riser kit hoping that will work. It would not allow me to go up an inch do to the side cover. Can anyone tell me what the stock height off the floor the boards sit. Or am I as high as I can go. Better yet is there any other suggestions I can do to raise the boards. As far as I know we have stock boards. Any help will be appreciated.

passenger floor boards

I saw a Tri-Glide last weekend that had bracket with a foot peg mounted on it. Above the floor board. The passenger was about 5 ft. tall. It looked adjustable and chrome plated.

I'm sorry don't know the brand name.

Wife loves DK’s adjustable passenger pegs

I have had the DK pegs that Jack Klarich suggested on my Trike for the past three riding seasons. My wife is taller than Redeye4u “5’5””. At first she couldn’t stand them. Thought I had wasted my money. But after a two week four thousand mile trip in 2021 she found out it was great to have more than one foot position when doing a five hundred mile day. Now they are in the up position all the time. Also they were very easy to install.

Thanks everyone who replied. We were out for a 220 mile ride on Saturday and really need to do something for her. She was not comfortable at all after awhile.

My wife is 5’ also. I raised the stock boards up as far as I could where they bolt to the frame. She was comfortable with that. Then I got the Kuryakyn adjustable pegs noted above. She now has several positions for her feet to get comfortable and has better leverage to keep from sliding on aggressive corners.

If you get the pegs go over them with red locktite. We lost one in Sturgis 2 years ago. I stopped by the Kuryakyn truck at Black Hills HD and he gave me a new peg. Hard to beat that kind of customer service.

Thanks everyone. I need to confess. The risers I purchased from Dk for install was all user error. I sat down this morning and figured it out. Just had to move each riser to the other side. Now up the inch she needed. May still look into the adjustable pegs for her to be more comfortable. Now on to figuring out what shocks to change out to.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back