OK me again new to me 2005 GW motortrike kit

Apr 14, 2011
Great Bend, KS USA
I just bought 2005 GW 12000 miles white/white with Motortrike kit.

And it runs great but was wondering about keeping it running great.

Do we need to run some Lucas injector cleaner or similar thru this once in a while?

Thanks again and I'm sure ill be back with more ?????

Jack

I just bought 2005 GW 12000 miles white/white with Motortrike kit.

And it runs great but was wondering about keeping it running great.

Do we need to run some Lucas injector cleaner or similar thru this once in a while?

Thanks again and I'm sure ill be back with more ?????

Jack

Can't hurt.........Every now and then , When i remember i will add a few ounces of Sea-Foam to the gas on all my toys.......Does it make them run better? Don't know but it sure makes me feel better...And so if i feel better then my engines feel better,:)..

I would run a couple tanks with Sea Foam additive. The bike has averaged only 800 miles per year. That's not a good thing, especially with the poor fuel we get nowadays. And, if it sits for a month or longer, additives will help in the long run..... Jim

Just for funsies I put a little dab of StarTron in the tank almost every time I fill up. Might be my imagination but it seems to keep the throttle response quick and powerful in my 2008 Gold Wing Motor Trike. Plus I have noticed slight improvement in mpg.

Also, regarding mpg... I TRY to use Exxon brand gas...in the trike and my car....I seem to get better mileage in both over all other brands offered in my area.

Spark plugs should be replaced at 15,000 miles

Same with Air Filter

No need to change fuel filter since it's built into the pump assy and is replaced only if the pump dies

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back