Ok, I miss my fairing. Anyone put one on a Freewheeler?

If there is a will there is a way. Remember HD used what they already had to put the freewheeler together so you just have to figure out what to change to make it work for you.

I have looked at your tank lifts and they are on the possible list of things to do, I will be snagging a set of your floorboard extenders in the near future... I saw them and really paid attention the last run I made and how my feet were always about half off the floorboards out to the sides. So it makes since to move them out a bit. Also looking at your heal rests... the list goes on.

Yeah, it can take a while to get one set up "just like you want".

SpendBike_zps7876b8a6.jpg

Kevin

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...fairing.TRS0&_nkw=road+glide+fairing&_sacat=0

besides the inner, outer and fairing mounts you'll need the interconnect harness for a road glide. Also the Freewheeler/road king main harness is different. Batwing &Road Glide main wiring harnesses are the same up until it hits the interconnect harness. Freewheeler/Road Kings hide everything in the headlight and gauges are on the tank so it's quite a bit different. If you're good with wiring than no biggie. Just depends on how bad you want it.

Try this
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/790428-road-glide-fairing-on-a-road-king.html

Last edited:
My DIY fork deflectors moved from my Suzuki C50 to my Honda VTX 1300. Total cost $40.00. you can make them flat as I did for the VTX or cut them to go around the turn signals as on the C50.

Attachments

• lowers 005.JPG
    lowers 005.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 250
  • lowers 004.JPG
    lowers 004.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 247
  • lowers 003.JPG
    lowers 003.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 250
  • lowers 002.JPG
    lowers 002.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 247
flrt fairing

I recently installed a fairing on my freewheeler from wide open customs. I have to say I love it. It was less than $1k unpainted and I found a shop to paint it for $450 to match the trike. The fairing came with 4 speakers a stereo and all the wireing and mounting hardware.*

the fairing on my Road King is removable but i hate riding with out it add one but in my opinion yuo do not need a full fairing no radio just block the wind

Peter

the fairing on my Road King is removable but i hate riding with out it add one but in my opinion you do not need a full fairing no radio just block the wind
Peter

A batwing fairing will offer considerably more wind protection.

flrt fairing

I put a wide open customs fairing on mine in January. It was easy to install and it came with 4 5.25" speakers and a jvc sterio. Sounds great at 85 looks great (had it painted it came bare plastic) total for the fairing was $997 paint was $450 I installed it myself (very simple if you hade ever wired in a car sterio you can do this)
http://www.wideopencustom.com/p-125-harley-davidson-freewheeler-fairing.aspx

Last edited:
Google road glide fairing conversion. There is a two part PDF you can download. It's not as simple though as just dropping it on. There is an interconnect harness and everything is completely different than a free wheeler/road King front end. Not to mention the gas tank. That being said lots of guys have done it.

I bought a Road Glide CVO fairing with all the inners to add to my 2018 FW. I love the look of the shark nose but not really the batwing. Also wanting to put the Hannigan conversion on the back end. Still asking lots of questions to even see if that is possible.I haven’t seen much on either on a Freewheeler- started searching here today to see what I could find to help. I would love to see pictures if there are any.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back