New guy with a fairing question

ChopperBill

20+ Posts
Mar 7, 2023
Greeley, Colorado, Weld
In AZ, purchased a new 22 Free Wheeler I’ll pick up when we’re home in CO. Going to purchase a fairing, more than likely a Memphis Shade. I can’t find any pictures of the back side of them, hopefully they will be plain and simple, no radio for me. Anyone have some pics of the back side and mounting? I’m tall so I’m wondering if the 9” recurve windshield would be best for me? Want so see over it, but want all the protection I can get. Thanks in advance for the replies.

In AZ, purchased a new 22 Free Wheeler I’ll pick up when we’re home in CO. Going to purchase a fairing, more than likely a Memphis Shade. I can’t find any pictures of the back side of them, hopefully they will be plain and simple, no radio for me. Anyone have some pics of the back side and mounting? I’m tall so I’m wondering if the 9” recurve windshield would be best for me? Want so see over it, but want all the protection I can get. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Bill…Welcome to Trike-Talk…👍👍..

Love my Memphis Shades Batwing fairing. I'm 6' and with the fairing adjusted almost all the way forward (so it's got about 3/4" clearance around the headlight") I found the 7" Solar windshield was a perfect fit for me. I can just see over the top but the airflow keeps 90%+ winds and rain off me and my cell phone that is mounted on a Ciro handlebar mount. The only place I get wet in the rain (when moving of course) is my ankles. There are no provisions to mount radios or anything else on the back of the fairing. The 5" black windshield looks cool, but is no where near as efficient in keeping wind and elements off me. The 9" solar was way too tall and I could only look through it, which I found really annoying. I didn't find Memphis Shades to be chatty when I was looking for information. As a matter of fact they never responded to me at all and that made me hesitant to order anything, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger anyway.

This is the 5" black windshield

G-21 Freewheeler-038.jpg

This is the 7" I've been using.

G-21 Freewheeler-042(Villaris 02-10-23)_b.jpg

And the 9" I sold.

G-21 Freewheeler-026 Horn & Windshield Swap.jpg

Here's a shot of the back.

Analog Clock.jpg

Fairing answer

The best fairing is always no fairing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back