New to trikes

Brand new to trikes, and bikes in general. Have a ‘14 48 and am researching converting to a trike. Have been told a sportster doesn’t have enough power to convert. Anyone have any insight on this statement? Have been looking into Frankenstein conversion - Good, Bad, indifferent?
Whoever told you this is a dink.Tell'em I said so.Talked with a guy up in Montana just after Sturgis that was at a McDonalds with a Road King conversion.I inspected the Frankenstien setup he had.It looked solid and well made.Nice and clean build.He said he liked it and had no problems.Id say go for it.You'll probably need the raked triple trees to improve handling.

Brand new to trikes, and bikes in general. Have a ‘14 48 and am researching converting to a trike. Have been told a sportster doesn’t have enough power to convert. Anyone have any insight on this statement? Have been looking into Frankenstein conversion - Good, Bad, indifferent?

There are a heck of a lot of sportsters rolling around with with frankenstein conversions. Seems to me that if they didn't have enough power, there wouldn't be so many of them on the road eating up miles. Tell whoever it was that gave you that bogus opinion that they have no clue what they are talking about. It's probably someone that has never in their life even sat on a trike much less ridden one. Frankenstein is a great conversion choice for a sporty.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back