New owner of '08 RSV Trike

That is correct Rag. The cruise won't set. I called the installer and I'll be taking it to him on Friday, 10/28. The trike is only a week old. Thanks for the info. I

I have been checking my gas mileage; hwy and town 32. Highway 35. Are you getting around the same?

Who is your installer over there?

About the same millage here also except if I pull a heavy trailer it goes way down.

Haven't thought about that, I will have to give it a look. Sets but disengages most of the time thought it was a weak vacume.......

Check the front brake lever, if it has a lot of free play that could cause it to disengage, adjust the little screw at the pivot to take the slop out. My 01 did this at hiway speeds until I got rid of that little bit of free play.

Download this you will need it.

http://home.centurytel.net/malizia/RS/Manual/RoyalStar1996- 01.pdf

Thanks, I have FSM but this online copy will come in handy.

That's interesting...

I have some long leather tassels on my levers and at freeway speeds when they fluttered in the wind, if there was free play in the lever it would kickout the cruise. Adjusting the small screw with the locknut takes up that freeplay in the lever. Now, even at 100 MPH the cruise stays set. ThumbUp

Thanks for the help everybody. I did take it back to have it fixed on Friday; and he said it was a sensor by the wheels that had to be reset. I rode the bike home, and it worked for about 5 minutes. It was like I was hitting the break or clutch, and the cruise disengage. The longest it held was 15 minutes. So I will check the front brake lever, and download the manual. If that don't work I'll have it checked out when I take it for the 2500 mile checkup. There was a tiny leak in my differential that they caught. They called Hannigan and explained to them what was happening. From what I understand, a washer was not assembled properly. Somewhere on the assembly line somebody didn't install it properly. Hannigan is sending a new differential. I will have that installed at the 2500 mile check up. Other than those issues, the trike is running fine. Thanks again Ragtoo69gs and Kj5ix. Will keep your posted.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back