New Ryker owner in Oregon

OregonRyker

5+ Posts
Dec 30, 2023
Medford
Greetings, as a new owner of a used 2021 Ryker Rally I'm happy to have found this forum. I've ridden lots of brands and styles of two wheelers over the years, usually having a big touring or adventure bike along with something 'different' for local rides around the orchards and vineyards in Southern Oregon's Rogue Valley. My last local ride bike was a 2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor, but as much as I tried to make it fit, it was too small and uncomfortable for my 6' + height and 70 year old knees and hips. I sold it in September. Perusing craigslist one evening while watching tv, (bad habit) I noticed this Ryker at the local Can Am\Yamaha dealer at a price I couldn't resist. I looked at it the morning before Thanksgiving, test rode it that afternoon and they did a quick oil change and had me out the door before closing. Almost new with less than 500 miles and some accessories already on it for $7500. I went a little crazy on black Friday sales and added a windshield, Shad bag, comfort seat, wind deflectors and more. Still not a lot of money into it for the fun it's been already. I'm a USN veteran and retired from our local government IT dept, happily married and living in southern Oregon out of Jacksonville. I'll ride year round if not pouring rain or freezing... I hope everyone had a great year and looking forward to the 2024 riding season.

Byron.

Greetings, as a new owner of a used 2021 Ryker Rally I'm happy to have found this forum. I've ridden lots of brands and styles of two wheelers over the years, usually having a big touring or adventure bike along with something 'different' for local rides around the orchards and vineyards in Southern Oregon's Rogue Valley. My last local ride bike was a 2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor, but as much as I tried to make it fit, it was too small and uncomfortable for my 6' + height and 70 year old knees and hips. I sold it in September. Perusing craigslist one evening while watching tv, (bad habit) I noticed this Ryker at the local Can Am\Yamaha dealer at a price I couldn't resist. I looked at it the morning before Thanksgiving, test rode it that afternoon and they did a quick oil change and had me out the door before closing. Almost new with less than 500 miles and some accessories already on it for $7500. I went a little crazy on black Friday sales and added a windshield, Shad bag, comfort seat, wind deflectors and more. Still not a lot of money into it for the fun it's been already. I'm a USN veteran and retired from our local government IT dept, happily married and living in southern Oregon out of Jacksonville. I'll ride year round if not pouring rain or freezing... I hope everyone had a great year and looking forward to the 2024 riding season.

Byron.

Byron… Welcome to Trike Talk👍👍..

Hey Byron.. Welcome to Trike Talk!

Not too many of us Spyder Ryders on this forum but there are a few.

You might want to check out Spyderlovers.com. It is a dedicated Spyder/Ryker forum and there are a ton of Ryker ryders out there.

Maybe catch you over there - I now ride a Spyder RTL and go by Pooch on that forum.

Thanks all for the welcome

PXL_20231230_185613547.jpg

Test of file upload for a picture.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back