New guy from western NY Update

Apr 22, 2015
gerry ny usa
Just got back from the DMV. Picked up my temp motorcycle license. Oops, got ahead of myself.

Finished the MSS safety course yesterday. Opted for the 2.5 day course.

Friday was classroom for 3 hours. Saturday was 6 hours outside training.
I have been in the service, overseas in foriegn countries, worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, and to the best of my recollection those saturday were the worse 6 hours of my life. It rained from the time I got out of bed until late the next day. I don't mean sprinkles at times, no it was full fledged rain and high 50's temps. Brutal. Got through that spent three more hours inside and came back to out side work again on sunday morning. Luckily It wasn't raining as hard as sat. and quit just before the final test.

Passed, got the certificate, now have the license.

Went down to the Harley dealer and told them to go get the mysterious red tri-glide another dealer had. Yea.

The local dealer has a red one in stock but it has running boards on it and I didn't really like the looks of them. That and they wanted 2 grand more for them. They offered to take a grand off if I took the one in stock but still couldn't get myself to like the boards.

Anyway it wil be there tomorrow and I am going to have them put on a rear bumper a luggage rack w/light and a rider backrest.

Should be riding WEDNESDAY.

Sorry for the long post just getting excited.

Roger

Good luck with the new RIDE. The waiting will be TUFF. Love my running boards on my WING/ROADSMITH. Different Strokes. RIDE SAFE

First off ... Thanks for your service ... next .. Welcome to the gang ... you'll love the trike.

Be glad it rained during your course ... around here they do the in 95-100* in the sun ... no fun ... the rain has to be as least cooler.

Where the heck is Gerry?? We should get together some time and ride!

PS see my thread about the August Ventureriders Regional Rally, you are more than welcome to come and make new friends!

Gerry is just north of Jamestown down on Chautauqua lake. I'll look up the thread.

Where the heck is Gerry?? We should get together some time and ride!

PS see my thread about the August Ventureriders Regional Rally, you are more than welcome to come and make new friends!

Welcome and a big congrats on your new trike Roger! There is a New York forum at the bottom of this forum page where you can connect with other members in your area.

Gerry is just north of Jamestown down on Chautauqua lake. I'll look up the thread.
Cool! You are only about an hr or 2 away from Arcade which is where Erie, Cattaraugus and Wyoming county come together! I actually live in Yorkshire but he mailing address is Arcade. I'm off rt 39. I am a veteran myself but from Vietnam. If you don't mind riding with an old coger like me you are welcome to hook up some time!

I ride a Venture with a Hannigan conversion. Feel free to contact me any time!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back