New 2016 Tri Glide pricing

Feb 20, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Good Morning and Happy Monday fellow Triker's,

I am looking at a new Tri Glide and actually took a test drive yesterday and will probably rent one in the next couple of weeks. My question to all of you is: When you purchased your trike, was there any negotiating in the price? I know these are Harley Davidson and there isn't a lot of wiggle room, but I would like some guidance in what I can expect with negotiations with the price. Can you get a 2-3 thousand off the MSRP? any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

I am looking at a new Tri Glide and actually took a test drive yesterday and will probably rent one in the next couple of weeks. My question to all of you is: When you purchased your trike, was there any negotiating in the price? I know these are Harley Davidson and there isn't a lot of wiggle room, but I would like some guidance in what I can expect with negotiations with the price. Can you get a 2-3 thousand off the MSRP? any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Most average on the price of a new one was around 1600 off in my area. Now if you would have bought one in the off season or before the new model year you could save more..You can get a low mileage used one cheaper and save some cash..ThumbUp

Have you tried any other trikes yet??or are you set on Harley?

The amount of wiggle room is pretty much controlled by competition. Around here, nearest HD dealer to mine is 85 miles away, no wiggle room. Go to Denver, there is a little more. Go to a major city in a warmer climate, with lots of dealers around there will be more.

I am looking at a new Tri Glide and actually took a test drive yesterday and will probably rent one in the next couple of weeks. My question to all of you is: When you purchased your trike, was there any negotiating in the price? I know these are Harley Davidson and there isn't a lot of wiggle room, but I would like some guidance in what I can expect with negotiations with the price. Can you get a 2-3 thousand off the MSRP? any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Greg

My part of the country "NO" wiggle room. Supply and demand ! Trikes around here are pretty much sold when they are pulled off the truck. Have a friends nephew that works in York, PA. He said that trikes are generally sold when they are issued a VIN number.

I'd check out the '14-'15's that have been traded in..

Before you consider a conversion run the numbers........check KBB and NADA for values, deprecation and resale.

8~\o

There are two Triglides sitting on the local dealer's floor, both have been there at least 2 months. I know that they have at least two more in storage because they are listed on their web page under new bikes. Most of the dealers in NC have at least one new Triglide advertised in Cycle Trader

I bought my 11 when the 12's were starting to come out... Thousand off list.. No trans and setup fees [Thats close to a grand],

the Five thousand and Ten thousand service no labor charge just parts..

Also when i was looking at a Tri-Glide, They said if your not sure about buying 'Then rent one from our rental fleet for a week and if you buy a new one, The rental fee will be waved.. ThumbUp

It is a family run dealer [Baer Honesdale Pa.] and at the same location since 1956''''

I'm thinking as the Trikes are becoming more popular, and the supply is still a bit limited, that deals on the 16's would be hard to come by. So unless you are looking for a 2016 color, my thoughts would be a new 15 model or a very slightly used 14 or 15. Not a heck of a lot changes in those 3 years except the prices. Just my 2 cents...

jc

I am looking at a new Tri Glide and actually took a test drive yesterday and will probably rent one in the next couple of weeks.

My question to all of you is: When you purchased your trike, was there any negotiating in the price? I know these are Harley Davidson and there isn't a lot of wiggle room, but I would like some guidance in what I can expect with negotiations with the price. Can you get a 2-3 thousand off the MSRP? any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

You would have to travel or have it shipped but the best prices I ever saw was Space Coast HD in Palm Bay FL. I got a 2016 FW there last week after mine was totaled. I got a red one with security. MSRP is 26395 plus plus plus. I got it for 26000.

That OTD.

Tax, Title, prep, DMV, freight. Would be a nice road trip!

You would have to travel or have it shipped but the best prices I ever saw was Space Coast HD in Palm Bay FL. I got a 2016 FW there last week after mine was totaled. I got a red one with security. MSRP is 26395 plus plus plus. I got it for 26000. That OTD. Tax, Title, prep, DMV, freight. Would be a nice road trip!

Here's a question - Are they selling more FW or TriGlides? 26K out the door would be about the same here in NW Chicago area for the Free. As there are 8 dealers {or More} within an hour of me......jc

I bought a 2016 Tri Glide about two weeks ago in Central California. The dealership would not move off MSRP. They also hit me full bore for new wheels, Street Cannon mufflers and Tallboy seat. No willingness to deal even though I bought everything from them and had them install everything. I only break I caught was when the dealership originally quoted me for the wrong color. They didn't try to up the purchase price as they honored their original quote. About a $850 savings.

NOTE: I don't know why they call Street Cannons "mufflers." They don't muffle anything (but they sound good!)

As others have opined, the willingness of dealerships to negotiate depends on supply and demand. In my case, there were no Cosmic Blue Tri Glides in the area. The dealer had to fetch one from another dealer about 100 miles away, adding extra costs to (which the dealership absorbed).

Hope your "Harley Hunting" goes well and negotiations go your way!

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Congrats on making the decision to get a TG. They are a lot of fun!

There's tons of wiggle room in the pricing...IF you are willing to do a little phone shopping.

It's a pretty easy process and can save you thousands with a few hours work.

1. Decide exactly what you want, color, options, etc.

2. Have your financing lined up (if you're not paying cash). This includes if you're using HD Credit. You can get pre-approved at any HD Dealership, and any other dealership will take it.

3. Start calling around the country to different dealers. Let them know that you are going to be buying a Tri-Glide in the next 7-10 days. Tell them exactly what you want. Let them know you already are pre-approved on the financing (or have the cash). Let them know you are calling around the country and looking for the best price. Ask them for their best price, and if it ends up better than anyone else's you will be there within the week to pay for it and pick it up.

Even if you find one a $600 one way airfare away, if you are saving $3000 off any local price, you have saved a bundle, even accounting for gas and motel stays on the ride home.

I have done this on many bikes, (including one Tri-Glide) and I always go back to one of my local dealers who had given me their "rock-bottom" price, and all of a sudden they were able to go below and match...but if they hadn't, I was ready to fly and go pick it up elsewhere, and they knew it.

On a TG, when you're talking about a major purchase $30k+, they have the room, and if they won't budge, some other dealer, somewhere, will.

Kevin

Call Tony at Space Coast HD Palm Bay Fl. Tell him Ted from Key Largo gave you his name. He is the Head of sales for the company that owns Space Coast and 2 other dealerships. They are a volume operation. You will get a good price.

I got about 3,000 off of my 2016 Freewheeler which was not even in stock when I bought it however nobody else would even come close and I had to play the waiting game with them I didn't budge an inch.other dealers offered gift cards , free oil changes , some accessories but I wanted money off the msrp. Wait on your price not there's. Tell yourself you don't have to have it today and good luck.harley sales are down the competition from victory and Indian is having an effect on there sales aka dealer incentives

Gorilla you are right space coast Harley owners own
falcon fury Harley in conyers Georgia that's where I bought mine . They are great people to deal with.they sell on average 102 units per month. The second largest is 49 units per month in metro Atlanta. They will always beat anybody's price by several thousand dollars

Negotiating

Gorilla you are right space coast Harley owners own
falcon fury Harley in conyers Georgia that's where I bought mine . They are great people to deal with.they sell on average 102 units per month. The second largest is 49 units per month in metro Atlanta. They will always beat anybody's price by several thousand dollars

I shopped around, and had my wife negotiate with the dealer. She's, shall we say, assertive, and she got me 4200 off the listed price. Of course, she took the 4k from me, but still...

Thank you!

Thank you all for replying to the thread and giving me your advice. I live in the greater Phoenix area and there are at least 6-7 dealers in a 50 mile radius. I will do my shopping and be willing to walk away if needed. Will keep you posted:-} Have a great weekend and Happy riding...

Greg

I purchased a 2016 tri glide at the beginning of feb. the sticker price was $35,595 and about another $2000 for tax title lic set up fees ect. when we were done negotiating we walked out of the dealer owning the trike for $34,043 total. so yes negotiate! well worth it!

Just purchased 2016 Tri Glide last night at a local dealer here in Sanford ,Fl. two tone Silver / black nice bike , 3000.00 off list ,31,000.00 , traded in my 07 ultra with a Hannigan kit , plus I had them throw inl new drivers backrest , rear bumper , no charge on labor and parts , plus 2 t-shirts . needless to say they didn't make much $$ on the deal either .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back