My Wife Did It

Mar 11, 2015
Texas
May be getting triked it seems. Some of you may remember that my wife got me my Indian for Christmas back in 016. I've been talking about possibly needing to finally get that bike triked soon but had not actually pursued it any further than flapping my jaw about it.

Well surprise surprise, she just told me that she bought a trike conversion and has everything lined up to get it installed. That shocked the heck out of me and sorta screwed up where I was wanting to go with it but since she's the boss I'll just keep my mouth shut and see how it all plays out.

I hope it works but I really have some concerns but, since things are getting really bad really quick with me, it won't bother me if I end up hanging up riding all together anyway. Just seems like a waste of a lot of money but maybe a trike would sell quicker anyway if things don't work out so great with this installer she found. I've never heard of him and chances are good no one else has either. So I'm here for the ride now just hoping it all works.

And Randy, all I can say is I'm sorry. You are where I was going to go but have to admit, someone just 30 minutes away makes it convenient with concerns or question about stuff. I've kept my mouth shut to my wife about this, change, of MY plans.

She's such a sweetie though so I take everything she does no matter what. All I know at this point is the kit is payed for and just waiting for ship date. I hate to tell her you might have been able to save her some money or not.

Again, sorry.:( Now I'm glad I hadn't pursued your offer. That would have screwed both of us. Can't say best laid plans since I never got there but I was sure thinking about it. She just beat me to it. She has no problem spending money and I do. I would have procrastinated until I physically couldn't ride anymore. That much I do know about me.

Well.. sometimes a woman has to do what a woman has to do.

A similar scenario played out at my home. Jim was riding less and less after medical problems but he wasn’t finished by any means. I decided for us that it was time for a trike for him. Found, bought one at Lubbock. I rode it home to Midland, 2 hours, having never been on a trike. By the time we got to the first pull-over I was in love with the thing. Sold both 2-wheelers immediately, found my own trike to buy at Clarendon, and have never looked back at 2-wheel riding again. You will have a new lease on life.:)

Kudos to the lady! :clapping:

I hope things work out for you Cowboy, we're on a trike because of my wife and enjoying it.

My Wife made me get rid of my Slingshot and get another Tri-Glide....But she did have an interior motive ......She said The Slingshot took up way too much space in ''Her'' Side of the Garage........:Shrug:....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back