My Dream Trike!

tparks9243

5+ Posts
Mar 25, 2017
Kingsville, Texas, USA
My dream is to Custom Build a Trike named "Long Haul", starting with a New Harley Davidson Freewheeler.

MyScreen5_15_2023_10_49_36_PM 2.jpg

For this Build I would be required to swap out the Seat & Trunk compartment of the Freewheeler with that of the Tri Glide® Ultra, since the trunk of the Freewheeler can not be accessed from the back, but from the top only, and the Tour Pack is also needed.

1a Fork and Tank.jpg1b Rear.jpg

Now what truly makes this Trike live up to it's name is the Custom Mounting of 2 empty 1/2 Barrel Beer Kegs, on each side of the Passenger Seat, by replacing the Passenger Grips with a stable mounting Rack for each Keg.

2a Aux Gas Tanks.jpg

The Tour Pack will house a 12 volt Fuel Transfer Pump w/hose & nozzle and it's own battery.

3a Pump & Nozzle.jpg3b Battery.jpg

So far, the 2 Kegs, holding 15.5 gallons of gas each, would increase Long Haul's Range almost 1300 miles, but they will also be adding 250 lbs. or more to the weight of the Trike. That's before packing anything for a long camping trip. Add a Tent, Sleeping Bag, Clothing, Cook Stove, Food for a day or two, etc.

4a Fender Guards.jpg4b Luggage Bags.jpg

We're probably talking another 150 to 250 lbs. at least. Approximetly, 400 to 500 lbs of extra weight total.

Thus I will also be swapping out the M8 114 for the much more powerful SE 135 as well as the Factory Transmission for the smoother shifting Baker DD 7 Transmission.

5a Engine Swap.jpg5b Transmission Swap.jpg

Once all of these Modifications are completed "Long Haul" will be sent to the Paint Shop for a complete Custom Black w/ Gold Metal Flake Paint Job.
6a Black w Gold Flake Paint.jpg

My dream is to Custom Build a Trike named "Long Haul", starting with a New Harley Davidson Freewheeler.

For this Build I would be required to swap out the Seat & Trunk compartment of the Freewheeler with that of the Tri Glide® Ultra, since the trunk of the Freewheeler can not be accessed from the back, but from the top only, and the Tour Pack is also needed.

Now what truly makes this Trike live up to it's name is the Custom Mounting of 2 empty 1/2 Barrel Beer Kegs, on each side of the Passenger Seat, by replacing the Passenger Grips with a stable mounting Rack for each Keg.

The Tour Pack will house a 12 volt Fuel Transfer Pump w/hose & nozzle and it's own battery.

So far, the 2 Kegs, holding 15.5 gallons of gas each, would increase Long Haul's Range almost 1300 miles, but they will also be adding 250 lbs. or more to the weight of the Trike. That's before packing anything for a long camping trip. Add a Tent, Sleeping Bag, Clothing, Cook Stove, Food for a day or two, etc.

We're probably talking another 150 to 250 lbs. at least. Approximetly, 400 to 500 lbs of extra weight total.

Thus I will also be swapping out the M8 114 for the much more powerful SE 135 as well as the Factory Transmission for the smoother shifting Baker DD 7 Transmission.

Once all of these Modifications are completed "Long Haul" will be sent to the Paint Shop for a complete Custom Black w/ Gold Metal Flake Paint Job.

Tom....Welcome to Trike-Talk..:wave4:.....

Hauling an extra 30 gallons of fuel wouldn't bother me at all. Well maybe,I have learned a few lessons the hard way. Anyway post pictures when you have them. And good luck with your project.:)

I added a piggyback gas tank (From Motion performance in Long Gallon they called it a Go Far Tank)..on top of the stock tank on my 71VW Beetle for a total of 21 gallons during the gas embargo 73..So I could drive into Manhattan 6 days a week… Had a few people asked me don’t you think it’s dangerous I said no more than the 10 gallons that’s in the stock tank to begin with…And you should have seen the look on the gas attendant when I pulled in low and the meter started reading past 15 gallons…They thought the tank had a hole in the bottom..😳😁..

Hauling an extra 30 gallons of fuel wouldn't bother me at all. Well maybe,I have learned a few lessons the hard way. Anyway post pictures when you have them. And good luck with your project.:)

Thanks Sidecarbill, I have some .jpg's on my computer that I planned to include in this post but when I tried to upload them I recieved notification that this site identified them as mislabled .bmp's, and would not add them to the post. I am at a complete loss at how to correct this. Any Ideas will be Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks Sidecarbill, I have some .jpg's on my computer that I planned to include in this post but when I tried to upload them I recieved notification that this site identified them as mislabled .bmp's, and would not add them to the post. I am at a complete loss at how to correct this. Any Ideas will be Greatly Appreciated!

Welcome to TrikeTalk. You can edit them in MS paint and save as a jpg and it will convert.

Welcome to TrikeTalk. You can edit them in MS paint and save as a jpg and it will convert.

I've tried running the pics through MS paint but still recieve this message when I try to upload them to the Post "This PNG image has the incorrect file extention" even though my computer identifies them as .jpg's, not PNG's!

I'm still at a loss as to how to post images in posts...

Could this be some kind of Windows 11 glitch or something?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back