Mufflers

fastfreddy2015

90+ Posts
Nov 22, 2015
I live in Pasadena, Texas
Hey guys I was wondering where or what kind of a shop do you guys take your trikes if you need some muffler work done. I was checking under my trike yesterday and found that the brackets attached to the muffler had broken on both mufflers (at the welds). I'm thinking , just have them weld them up again. Mufflers and pipes are in very good shape. Need advice from you experienced riders.

I have not ran into this issue but would probably remove mine and take some where to get welded, just depends where and how bad.

If it was me I would prefer to have the mufflers aligned properly on the bike/chassis, spot welded in place at the break and then removed for complete welding. I was at a muffler shop once when they were welding an exhaust on a new Corvette and caught the fiberglass on fire. It would definitely ruin your day.

I wouldn't hesitate to take mine to a "regular" muffler shop. Those guys know what they are doing that's what keeps them in business.
Here's what the local muffler shop did to mine......

Attachments

• IMG_20131007_164557.jpg
    IMG_20131007_164557.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20131007_164631.jpg
    IMG_20131007_164631.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 199
Hey guys I was wondering where or what kind of a shop do you guys take your trikes if you need some muffler work done. I was checking under my trike yesterday and found that the brackets attached to the muffler had broken on both mufflers (at the welds). I'm thinking , just have them weld them up again. Mufflers and pipes are in very good shape. Need advice from you experienced riders.
If you lived close to me,I would fix it for you.should be a very easy fix. You should check ,or have who ever works on it check to make sure they are not in a bind when bolted in place.I had to bend the brackets some on my trike when I built it ,so my mufflers would be straight and alined out the back and not be in a bind (strain)

I wouldn't hesitate to take mine to a "regular" muffler shop. Those guys know what they are doing that's what keeps them in business.
Here's what the local muffler shop did to mine......

Hey SMSgt I really like your exhaust and I happen to have a local muffler shop that is very reasonable and does excellent work like yours. The questions are; is this a Cat back exhaust? Or did you remove the cats first? And what did you do about mufflers? If not mufflers/cats, did it make a difference in the performance or lack there of, due to the light back pressure?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back