Motor Trike parking brake kit

Jun 30, 2014
Spokane, Wa
I am planning on installing a Phoenix IRS kit on my 2000 SE. Is it worth the extra $595.00 to install the parking brake on the trike? Also, the fender bra for 125.00?Thanks for any feed back you may send.

IMHO a parking brake is not worth $600.00. Park the bike in 1st gear. If need be, keep a short bungee ball cord on the handle bar and wrap the front brake lever if it will make you feel better. 1.5 years riding with no em brake. But then I live in Florida.

1. If you routinely live/ride in hilly terrain then the parking brake might be useful as it is for me. It was very useful on a recent trip to Colorado. I don't like the bungee on the brake because over time the constant pressure can bulge rubber lines.

2. Fender bra - you will want something to protect from rocks and bugs on those fenders whether it be the fender bras or something like the 3M paint protector plastic. Your choice.

Parking brake?? Only you know if there is a need in your area. Hilly steep streets?? Otherwise no need.
Fender bra protection. A 101% yes.
Mine have saved me from a ton of bug, rock and my own misguided clearance issues. Well worth it. But keep in mind. If you damage one as I have. The set with logos are a lot more then the set without. Id go without the logos.

Factory Trikes i.e. Harley's Can-Am's must have a Parking brake by law... I would think that if your state has an inspection All Trikes do?? That said i almost never use mine on my T/G..
As far as fender protection i just let the chips fall where they may, But thats just me..

The parking brake can come in handy. I do not have a parking brake but carry a couple small wooden triangles left over from a wood working project, if I need to chock a wheel I pitch one behind a wheel and leave it there when I leave if need be. I have a bucket full a home.
As for the fender guards you need some kind of protection.

Rather a convenience more than a necessity. Not all manufacturers even offer a parking brake option either. I have a F6B that will be kitted just as soon as Hannigan releases their new kit at Wing Ding. No reverse gear and doubtful on the parking brake option. As they say in the movies... "you adapt, you overcome, you improvise".

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back