Motor Trike differential

Nov 7, 2011
Baskin, Louisiana, USA
I was wanting to see if anyone else had ever had any problems with a solid-axle Motor-Trike differential. Mine is on a 1997 FLHTCUI, little under 16,000 miles. one end of the aluminum carrier broke off. I called Motor-Trike and they told me I could bring it in and they would rebuild it for $1000.00, with upgrade parts. Just wanted to see if anybody else had ever run into this. Taking a road trip Friday to Motor-Trike factory in Troup, TX.

I was wanting to see if anyone else had ever had any problems with a solid-axle Motor-Trike differential. Mine is on a 1997 FLHTCUI, little under 16,000 miles. one end of the aluminum carrier broke off. I called Motor-Trike and they told me I could bring it in and they would rebuild it for $1000.00, with upgrade parts. Just wanted to see if anybody else had ever run into this. Taking a road trip Friday to Motor-Trike factory in Troup, TX.

I just took my left side of my axle apart to do a rear pulley and belt swap on mine. Are you referring to the inner hub the rear pulley bolts to? 60k miles on mine

I had one of the bearings in two different kits go bad. They fixed and upgraded them at no charge but I had to take the rear ends to them. Two different trips to Troupe, Texas from Colorado. At the time my son lived only about 30 miles from there so turned it into a visit with him as well.

The inner hub that the belt pulley bolts to is correct (carrier). The end where the belt is at broke off. This one was installed in 2004, so apparently its coming out of my pocket, this time.

That hub ( carrier ) is a unique design to Motortrike. I replaced the large bearing myself the left side axle segment rides on. I used a dremal to cut the bearing off and used the inner sleeve of the old bearing to tap the new bearing back on.

Motortrike feels their axle is Damn near made of gold for the prices they want to repair or replace a axle. They got us like HD has Triglide owners.

Motor Trike rearend

Had a MT rear end on my 99 Road King one of their first for H D Trikes. They had some problems with their jig, replaced two. Called them and talked to their Harley installer. All said and done pulled rear end my self and they paid for both way shipping buy truck. All together put over 120,000 miles on trike. My experience with Motor Trike service was great. Trade for H D Triglide in 2010. No complaints with my Triglide 42,000 miles

Got my rear-end back Friday afternoon. Reinstalled, works like a dream. Richard at Motor-Trike treated me right, discounted the invoice a tremendous amount. Got to finish bleeding the rear brakes and its finished.

Got my rear-end back Friday afternoon. Reinstalled, works like a dream. Richard at Motor-Trike treated me right, discounted the invoice a tremendous amount. Got to finish bleeding the rear brakes and its finished.

Make sure there are no burrs of any kind on the flaired brake line ends. One small one can cause a slow leak.... Ask me how I know :gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back