Mopar's HF trailer...

May 6, 2010
Anderson SC
Well, I couldn't take it any longer. I have wanted to build a trailer to pull behind my trike for a long time. After seeing what others have done, I thought I would try. Paid $20 for the car top carrier. I bolted the trailer together, squared everything up, ensured the tongue was straight, then welded everything. I went with 12" wheels to help keep wheel speed down as well as shifting the center of gravity forward since the tongue slopes down toward the bike when connected. Empty tongue weight is 18 pounds at ride heigth. Pulls great empty. haven't tried it loaded.

Attachments

• trailer 001.jpg
    trailer 001.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 171
Nice looking trailer!
I also built one.I used the Harbor Freight with 12" wheels and followed the recommendation's of others on a different forum.The axle was installed over the springs , which have the center leaf removed.I also used treated plywood with an aluminum diamond plate cap,extended the tongue 20" and am in process of changing all lights on trailer to leds.
Real pleased so far,
Ride safe,
Tip

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back