Mileage

Jun 9, 2019
Gettysburg, PA, USA
So, I need help....on a recent trip, 97* air temp, freeway, I got terrible mileage. I don’t understand..shouldn’t I get decent mileage at 3600rpm in 6th gear? :xzqxz::Joker3:

Mileage is subjective to many variables

What is bad for you may be good for someone else

What is your MPG?

More info would be a plus, what size engine, what modifications ETC

From my windshield if you got 26-29 you did well with the heat and those high temperatures wow don't expect much. Most likely mileage close to 24 high rpms make heat and hot breathing in less oxygen pray that you had a nice ride. Actually I stopped figuring when I get 130-135 I start looking for a station 🚉

So, I need help....on a recent trip, 97* air temp, freeway, I got terrible mileage. I don’t understand..shouldn’t I get decent mileage at 3600rpm in 6th gear? :xzqxz::Joker3:

i gather you are joking because of the clown. because 3600 rpm in 6th is pushing well over 75mph. pushing a trike barn door at that speed the mileage would be TERRIBLE.

i gather you are joking because of the clown. because 3600 rpm in 6th is pushing well over 75mph. pushing a trike barn door at that speed the mileage would be TERRIBLE.

AH, you picked up on the issue. On my trike, 3600 rpm with cruise set will net you 80 on a flat road. Wouldn’t expect good mileage at that speed.

Tongue was firmly in cheek. LOL

as far as what my mileage was, I have no idea. Drive til the light comes on, fill up. Rinse and repeat. We were headed home after the long weekend. It was not a fun ride at 95-97* with the engine heat also.

Today I went for annul inspection and took a short stretch of I-80. Running at even 70 the tach was 2850 on the rpm's. So the gearing change has been a good thing for us. I still have great bottom end starting power and not screaming in 6th fred

Just finished my first fill up and was pretty happy. 2019 Tri Glide went 134 miles and still showed about 3/8 tank left. It took 3.415 gallons. That calculates to about 39.23 mpg. Of course it was mostly 65 mph but still happy.

When i ride two up average speed 55 mph without a ton of luggage 180 miles before i start looking for gas.Now if pulling the trailer loaded (approx. wt 300 lbs including trailer) 150 to 160 miles before i need gas.

Best i have got was yesterday . 33 mpg, mostly 65mph on 4 lane. Maybe when it breaks in ,it will be better.

Fess up Udawg, were you coasting down those hills in Ut, ?? :D

You mean there are hills here? Gotta check them out.

I probably didn't fill it as full as I should have. I stopped when the gas came over the rubber but after I stopped I noticed it had dropped a bit. I bet it's a lot less next tank.

When your talking about a small talk [6Gal] Only A few ounces will throw off your figures ..

And if you go by the digital display that and 20¢ will get you a ride on the Subway...:D..

You mean there are hills here? Gotta check them out.

I probably didn't fill it as full as I should have. I stopped when the gas came over the rubber but after I stopped I noticed it had dropped a bit. I bet it's a lot less next tank.

If ya wanna get it FULL, shake the trike a little ,gas goes down, can do that 2-3 times at a fill-up. Hills to your East on 14

If ya wanna get it FULL, shake the trike a little ,gas goes down, can do that 2-3 times at a fill-up. Hills to your East on 14

I really don't care if it's 25 or 45 mpg, I just wish it had a 10 gallon tank.

Just kidding about the hills, it's one of the things I love about southern Utah. Half an hour to Brian Head, Cedar Breaks, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, and really beautiful rolling hills at Duck Creek.

Just kidding about the hills, it's one of the things I love about southern Utah. Half an hour to Brian Head, Cedar Breaks, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, and really beautiful rolling hills at Duck Creek.

My Slingshot had a 10 gal tank, And if i really toped it off [Just before i was to drive at least 25 miles before parking it over night] 11 gals 300 + miles before the next fill up...

The Triglide will take a little more than 6gal's if you feed it in slooow and drive at least 20 miles before stoping ....

Have been to your part of Ut many times. Last year we brought Lady On a Mission out there. We stayed in Cedar City.

Well I filled it, filled it and filled it until it wouldn't go down anymore. Got 39.15 on that tank. I guess I just ride like an old man. Oh WAIT, I am one!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back