Messed up my foot last Saturday

Comanche

Contributing Member
Feb 7, 2010
Copperas Cove, TX
Saturday, I went to my son's home to get a camera. Parked on an incline. Thought the trike was in 1st gear. It was not and I saw it rolling towards my son's brand new truck. Ran to grab the brake and as I was doing it put my foot on the ground. It snapped back and boy was I in pain.

Today, got into see a doctor and X-Rays discovered no broken bones. Just a low foot sprain. Already back on the trike.

Going to get some velcroe to lock down the front brake whenever the trike is stopped.

I'm glad it wasn't worse, Comanche! Did you save the trike and truck despite your pain?

Saturday, I went to my son's home to get a camera. Parked on an incline. Thought the trike was in 1st gear. It was not and I saw it rolling towards my son's brand new truck. Ran to grab the brake and as I was doing it put my foot on the ground. It snapped back and boy was I in pain.

Today, got into see a doctor and X-Rays discovered no broken bones. Just a low foot sprain. Already back on the trike.

Going to get some velcroe to lock down the front brake whenever the trike is stopped.

could of happened to anyone. Glad to read no broken bones.

I have had some concerns about this happening. I went to Wally-world and for $5.00 I bought a nice set od wheel chocks. They work great! If only I woudl get in the habit of using them.

I don't have a parking brake but i cut an old bike tire tube in 1/2 inch wide strips and put it around my front brake lever. when i stop I loop it over the throttle and I have a parking brake and leave it in 1st gear. I had the same happen to me that happened to you. It hurt like h??? for a few days.

Glad it turned out to be ONLY a sprain.

Last week, in Arizona, my left foot slipped off the floorboard as I was trying to get back on I-40 after doing a U-turn to go back to get gas. Foot got wedged between left rear tire and the edge of the road. Couldn't go forward; couldn't go backwards. Was stuck like that for 20 minutes for so before a couple on a crotch rocket stopped to help. Ended up needing the help of two other bikers who recognized a fellow biker in trouble.

Between the three men they lifted the Shadow up so I could get the foot out. Wiggled toes, turned the ankle and walked a couple steps without pain. Got back on trike and went back up the road to get gas. Also to get some hot chocolate and thaw out as it started snowing about 15 minutes into this incident.

Saw my doctor after I got back home this week and it turns out I have a slight fracture on the inside of the left foot back of the big toe. RX: Keep weight off the foot (crutches but I switched to a cane I have left from a knee surgery), keep elevated, ice down to reduce the slight swelling I have and PT starting next week.

Glad I switched boots before I started the trip. Was wearing stiff leather boots but bought a pair of Vegas Touring Boots. If I had been wearing the former I think I might have busted an ankle. As it was the latter were a tight fit on my ankle and allowed the ankle and boot to "give" to the contour of the terrain between boot and roadbed.

Not going to mention the hundred or so cars and trucks or the 4 or 5 "other brand" bikers who didn't even slow down to see what I was waving about. And that's with me throwing my riding gloves on the roadway in the front of one car.

Sure would like to name those who stopped to help but they left with only a big thanks from me 'cause it was snowing and they were in a hurry to get on down the road.

Glad you got off relatively lightly - could'a been much worse, but you know that.
You must'a been somewhere around Flagstaff . . . nutty weather there. We went thru a snow/hail/thunderstorm between Flagstaff & Williams last August . . . cold, wet, weird.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back