Licensing: Moving from Texas to Wa. St.

Aging Gracefully

10+ Posts
Jan 18, 2024
Richland, Wa, USA
What a royal pain in the posterior. $300 to transfer title to Wa. $98 for Driver / 2 wheel license. My trike takes a 3 wheel endorsement. I have to take a written and riding test. Written test is scheduled next week. $48. That allows me to get a permit, good for 180 days, I can't ride at night. I don't know what the permit costs yet $ ?. Then I have to take the 3 wheel riding test $ ?. Then I will have to get my Driver's license changed to add the 3 wheeler to $ ?.:badmood:

What a royal pain in the posterior. $300 to transfer title to Wa. $98 for Driver / 2 wheel license. My trike takes a 3 wheel endorsement. I have to take a written and riding test. Written test is scheduled next week. $48. That allows me to get a permit, good for 180 days, I can't ride at night. I don't know what the permit costs yet $ ?. Then I have to take the 3 wheel riding test $ ?. Then I will have to get my Driver's license changed to add the 3 wheeler to $ ?.:badmood:

I spent 5 years 1 year in Wa.....[Tacoma)....:D...

I've only changed States once, or at least once since they all started making you get special endorsements/classes for a motorcycle. Went from Illinois to Florida and it was automatic as far as my motorcycle privileges. They certainly seem tax happy out there!

Your moving from a free state to a communist state. And your astounded?Eastern Washington wants to become part of Idaho. Maybe they know something. And everytime I hit that chicken coup coming into WA from Idaho I always got a level 2 D.O.T. inspection. Assholes.

I would of told you to never leave the Lone Star State. But since you did you should have come to Cali. At least here all you need in order to ride a trike is a regular Class C driver's license. Nothing else. I believe it's the same in Nevada and South Carolina. Besides it rains way too much in Washington.

Washington state, I can think of better places to live. A lady moved from Alaska to New Mexico because she has family here, plus she has a grandson living in Alaska. She misses Alaska and a couple of days ago she packed 2 suitcases in her car and has been gone 3 days. Actually if you wanted to be robbed of money you could have come to New Mexico to live in a corrupt blue state and you wouldn't have had to go far.

If you already have the endorsement, you should be able to transfer it from one state to another. When I moved from Washington to Arizona there was no problem having my Arizona license endorsement. And, when I was in Washington, there were 3 classes of MC endorsements depending upon the CC of motorcycle the skills test was taken. I believe a M1 endorsement was for 50-250 CC, M2 for 250-650 CC, and M3 for 650+CC. With an M3 endorsement anything classified as a motorcycle was legally OK. It's been a few decades since I've delt with this, so things may have changed a bit. But I think different states will still automatically recognize and transfer endorsements without a hassle. Good luck..... Jim

I spent 5 years 1 year in Wa.....[Tacoma)....:D...

:yahoo:

- - - Updated - - -

Besides it rains way too much in Washington.

Eastern Washington is as dry as the Texas Panhandle where I moved from. We call it the Ever Brown State;)

- - - Updated - - -

Washington state, I can think of better places to live. A lady moved from Alaska to New Mexico because she has family here, plus she has a grandson living in Alaska. She misses Alaska and a couple of days ago she packed 2 suitcases in her car and has been gone 3 days. Actually if you wanted to be robbed of money you could have come to New Mexico to live in a corrupt blue state and you wouldn't have had to go far.

It was an option. 5 grandkids in Albuquerque, but I can't breath there. I have COPD. Amarillo was almost too high at 3,600 ft. Living here now with Son and his family:)

- - - Updated - - -

If you already have the endorsement, you should be able to transfer it from one state to another. When I moved from Washington to Arizona there was no problem having my Arizona license endorsement. And, when I was in Washington, there were 3 classes of MC endorsements depending upon the CC of motorcycle the skills test was taken. I believe a M1 endorsement was for 50-250 CC, M2 for 250-650 CC, and M3 for 650+CC. With an M3 endorsement anything classified as a motorcycle was legally OK. It's been a few decades since I've delt with this, so things may have changed a bit. But I think different states will still automatically recognize and transfer endorsements without a hassle. Good luck..... Jim

Texas just had a Motorcycle Endorsement. Wa. accepts that as a 2 wheel endorsement but not a 3 wheel endorsement:xzqxz: They don't do the Size endorsements anymore in Wa. When one loses their spouse of 56 years and they're 75, things seem to change. I'm still waiting for my Trike to get here from Amarillo. Haul Bikes seem to be having a difficult time finding a load headed this way.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back