Lehman/99 GW 1500 Mastercylinder replacement or reb uild?

Newbie, not sure what to do but here goes. I just purchased a 1999 1500 GW. with a Lehman trike conversion. First problem I found is NO rear brakes, nothing, has fluid in reservoir. Guessing it the master cylinder. How do I figure out What master cylinder was used by Lehman? No idea when or where it was triked or what kit was used at that time. I almost have it out of the trike and thinking maybe just rebuild it but how do I find the necessary parts to do that. Any help would be appreciated, I am much better with the mechanics than this computer stuff. Thanks.

Newbie, not sure what to do but here goes. I just purchased a 1999 1500 GW. with a Lehman trike conversion. First problem I found is NO rear brakes, nothing, has fluid in reservoir. Guessing it the master cylinder. How do I figure out What master cylinder was used by Lehman? No idea when or where it was triked or what kit was used at that time. I almost have it out of the trike and thinking maybe just rebuild it but how do I find the necessary parts to do that. Any help would be appreciated, I am much better with the mechanics than this computer stuff. Thanks.

John…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍.. I wish I could help you with the brake problem. Maybe somebody could chime in soon with some help one thing I do know will Lehmans are very problematic and it’s hard to find parts..

Thanks to everyone that responded. Once I dug into it it actually looks exactly like the original 1999 GW. part. Everything matches visually. I did remove it from the trike, not an easy job but watched a few video's and got it out but now can't find a good one to show an easy way to install the new one. Found new ones from $280 down to around $30 both on Ebay and Amazon. Bought a new one from Ebay and received it today but would sure like to find a good video to show the actual installation. don't want to do this a few times because I should have done it a different way. Really appreciate all the comments and hope someone comes up with a correct or easier way to install this. Thanks again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back