LED Tail lights

Acouple of pictures of my lite problem. Radiantz LED lites, the plug with the little loop in the plug, snaps right in. The plug on the left thats looks like it has some weird plastic blob on it, loop has been cut off, would not seat all of the way. I looked at the pin side and it looks as tho some of that plastic stuff got inside of the female pin. Now both lights came from a different dealer. In other words I was trying save a buck. Both off of Amazon. The one with the bad plug I just sent back today to Radiantz with a note stating what the problem was. Amazon has refunded my money so I have another on the way from Cycle shack. Hope it comes with a good plug on it.

View attachment 30782View attachment 30783

Radiantz is reluctant to admit anything might be wrong with their connectors. Glad to see I'm not alone on this issue. Some folks' connectors click into place just like the OEMs, and some don't.

Radiantz 9903-18s have been on my 2014 for 15,000 miles ... they work.

Bob :Dorag:

Got a little more info from Radiantz. Seems they are concerned about the strobe/turn feature.

"We don't suggest using the taillights with strobe foryour taillight/turn signals just because when your hit your turn signals thelight will strobe and when you hit your brake the lights will strobe. It mightconfuse the people behind you"

Lights are worthless?

Got a little more info from Radiantz. Seems they are concerned about the strobe/turn feature.

"We don't suggest using the taillights with strobe foryour taillight/turn signals just because when your hit your turn signals thelight will strobe and when you hit your brake the lights will strobe. It mightconfuse the people behind you"

So what they are saying is, they are selling lights that are worthless to trike owners? I spend $260 for the lights and another $70 for an equalizer so the turn signals might work and now they say, sorry don't use our lights on your trike? WFT?

I don't give a rats butt if they are confused .. it definitely wakes them up ... and they see me! :D
I am old school and find hand signals confuses them even more. :xzqxz:

They are so much brighter than the stock wedge bulb when just running.

The tour pak LEDs on my 2014 are also signalling a turn and braking.

nevtat, you have to remember these are not specifically for Tri Glides. 2 wheelers have separate directional, maybe that is the difference.

HDBOB, nice video. Would have liked to have seen what it looks like when you hit the brake and have a directional on just to see if it really is confusing.

Well, Duh

nevtat, you have to remember these are not specifically for Tri Glides. 2 wheelers have separate directional, maybe that is the difference.

Yes I understood that before I ordered the lights. I also believed a few people who posted to this thread that the 9903-18s worked great on their trikes. My bad apparently for not knowing they wouldn't work so well before ordering and for believing that Raiantz woun't lie to me on the phone regarding their product.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't give a rats butt if they are confused .. it definitely wakes them up ... and they see me! :D
I am old school and find hand signals confuses them even more. :xzqxz:

They are so much brighter than the stock wedge bulb when just running.

The tour pak LEDs on my 2014 are also signalling a turn and braking.

Nice video. I'm with the other folks who would like to see how the lights behave with the brakes applied and turn signal operating. Thanks.

OK Here you go ... and after watching I can see what you mean by "confusing" when you apply brake while turn signal is on.

For me I like a certain state of confusion :xzqxz: .... so I am still happy with them.:D

Thanks HDBOB, that helps to understand what they were talking about.<br />
Confusing or not, it should get their attention. I like them. Now to decide between laydown black or red.

JDM ASTAR 2x144 SMD 3157 3156 White 2400 LM 12V LED Turn Signal Brake Light Bulb Ebay

I've tried the Search and either I'm the stupid guy - The search function doesn't like me, or there are no threads pertaining.

GO to E-bay and type this in for your search
JDM ASTAR 2x144 SMD 3157 3156 White 2400 LM 12V LED Turn Signal Brake Light Bulb

It's all good

Installed the $60 Radiantz plug and play load equalizer and everything works great and they flash exactly like HDBob's Trike. I'm happy with the lights now. I got a nice email from Radiantz, see below:
I am willing to take responsibility for anything we overlook on our site when we
put it up. If you look at our site we do not have a Triglide option on the site
to have that mentioned.
I will add the triglide to the site now and it will be noted.

Ray Runyan <Ray@radiantz.com>

After looking at the Video of the manic flashing of both the Tail lights with the strobe option, I decided to just go with the straight LED Red Laydown option. $180 total cost and really like them. The Laydown looks better {IMO} and the difference in brightness is large! Took about 10 minutes - Turned the bike on - Hit the flashers for about 10 blinks and all works as intended. Very glad I went with the unit as opposed to LED Bulbs only. The Laydown. the Brightness and matching the lights to the Tourpak worked out good for me. Thanks

Radiantz Laydown (1).jpgRadiantz Laydown (2).jpg

After looking at the Video of the manic flashing of both the Tail lights with the strobe option, I decided to just go with the straight LED Red Laydown option. $180 total cost and really like them. The Laydown looks better {IMO} and the difference in brightness is large! Took about 10 minutes - Turned the bike on - Hit the flashers for about 10 blinks and all works as intended. Very glad I went with the unit as opposed to LED Bulbs only. The Laydown. the Brightness and matching the lights to the Tourpak worked out good for me. Thanks

View attachment 31064View attachment 31065

Same on mine Works great and bright

S ooooooo??--- if I am reading all this correctly --- for a 2011 (Pre 2014 - electrical system) in order to utilize the Radiantz 9903-17 (non strobe) --- I also have to use/order an equalizer ???

What is the HD part # for a LED lay down that will work on a 2011?---- per above it appears that will work without the need for an equalizer if I am reading correctly.
Thanks

What is the HD part # for a LED lay down that will work on a 2011?---- per above it appears that will work without the need for an equalizer if I am reading correctly.

Thanks

Not that they don't exist...But I have never seen a LED Laydown tail light by Harley{for the TriGlide} And it's kinda interesting that the only one listed online now is #67800133 {Red} is a Bar and Shield, comes in pairs WITH a module for $350........Help us out gang - Other HD part options? As the option here includes a module, looks like a true plug and play like the 14's on up, are not available on the 2011. But what the hell do I know!! LOL

jc

LED Bulb change

I did a lot of research on finding LED bulbs while I was building a VW engine/tranny trike.

Bulbs can be found on Amazon.com , Superbritghtleds.com, E-Bay, and other places. Do a search online for LED bulbs & you'll get good results.

I was trying some 1157 & 3157 bulbs out on my new (2016) tri glide the other night. (Same bulb just different base.) I found that the rear bulbs were an easy change as they were standard 3157 type. The front turn/park lights will be harder to find as Harley inset the bulb deeper into the reflector than usual.
(Hmmm, they maybe wanted to sell their $335 front LED light conversion?)

Anyway, I plan on calling Super Bright LEDs & see if they can find a bulb with the right configuration for me.

Hope this will help someone with their problem.Good luck to all.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back